Calendar invites: ability to accept or decline

Options
Andy Newbom
Andy Newbom Member Posts: 16
First Comment

ALSO with the calendar invites with Zoom it USED to use the gmail method where I could ACCEPT or DECLINE a meeting and then it would add it to calendar. NOW IT DOES NOT do that. so ALL invitees show pending as there is no way to accept a meeting invite. 

this is a BIG problem

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited October 2020 #2
    Options

Hi @Andy Newbom 

Have you already spoken to our support about this? If you say you used to be able to work a specific way and that's not working anymore perhaps they can figure out what happened.

You can also clarify to me exactly the steps you took previously and take now and what has changed, but the support chat will be a lot quicker. Sorry about the inconvenience.

• Bjørn-Henning Opheim
    Bjørn-Henning Opheim Member Posts: 57
    5 Likes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2022 #3
    Options

I want to talk about this again :)

If I get an invite now on email, I am not able to accept og decline, just the the attachment as a .ics file. Generally the whole email part of Pipedrive should be upped a notch to compete with other gmail clients.

https://cln.sh/V2FeuR

• Terry Grier
    Terry Grier Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2022 #4
    Options

Hi @Andy Newbom 

Have you already spoken to our support about this? If you say you used to be able to work a specific way and that's not working anymore perhaps they can figure out what happened.

You can also clarify to me exactly the steps you took previously and take now and what has changed, but the support chat will be a lot quicker. Sorry about the inconvenience.

I would echo this problem. I am trying to use Pipedrive as my 1 place for work.

So if someone sends ME a calendar invite - all I see is an ICS file.  This makes me have to open another app (outlook for me) to see what the invite is, what time etc and then accept.

Then if I do not have calendar sync turned on - which I do not - because I do not want it on - I have to manually copy and make an activity for this person.

In summary- 

I can send calendar invites - no issue.

I cannot receive them - without using something other than Pipedrive - which makes me leave PD to do work. 

That is the issue at hand.  Any solution? 

• Terry Grier
    Terry Grier Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2022 #5
    Options

Hi @Andy Newbom 

I would echo this problem. I am trying to use Pipedrive as my 1 place for work.

So if someone sends ME a calendar invite - all I see is an ICS file.  This makes me have to open another app (outlook for me) to see what the invite is, what time etc and then accept.

Then if I do not have calendar sync turned on - which I do not - because I do not want it on - I have to manually copy and make an activity for this person.

In summary- 

I can send calendar invites - no issue.

I cannot receive them - without using something other than Pipedrive - which makes me leave PD to do work. 

That is the issue at hand.  Any solution? 

• Stefan - Hybrid Solutions
    Options

I have just sent another email to support asking if there is any way to add the button or modify the template that is being sent.

Ideally, you want Accept or Decline button - this is standard procedure.

However, if that is not possible, there is a note in the footer of the email in grey letters that says " Open the attached ICS file to add the event to your calendar ". NOBODY is going to read that. It needs to be in Bold Red.

I have asked if that can be changed as this seems to be an easier solution then adding the buttons for now?

Even then - it is not clear on what to do as soon as you open ICS file - I had to figure out to click on "Send Updates".

Options

This is the response I got :(

Hello there Stefan

Trust this message finds you well!

Thank you for reaching us at Pipedrive Support. Pedro here.

Stefan, I was able to check this on my side and unfortunately, for now, this is not customisable. I understand it would look more professional to have such options. Nevertheless, I will be more than happy to share your feedback with our Product Team so they can take it into consideration and if possible add these options in the future.

The best way to stay updated on new features is to follow our blog and subscribe to our newsletter.

In the meantime, please do not hesitate to reach out if there is anything else that I can do for you.

Have a great day and stay safe.

Best regards,

Options

This is the response I got :(

Hello there Stefan

Stefan, I was able to check this on my side and unfortunately, for now, this is not customisable. I understand it would look more professional to have such options. Nevertheless, I will be more than happy to share your feedback with our Product Team so they can take it into consideration and if possible add these options in the future.

The best way to stay updated on new features is to follow our blog and subscribe to our newsletter. You can do both here.

In the meantime, please do not hesitate to reach out if there is anything else that I can do for you.

Best regards,

Options

That is the response, not very good :(

Hello there Stefan

The best way to stay updated on new features is to follow our blog and subscribe to our newsletter. You can do both here.

Best regards,

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,071 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    Options

Hi @Stefan - Hybrid Solutions ,

I appreciate what you mean and, at this moment, the answer provided via our support team is accurate and that element is not customizable.

I can guarantee that this feedback has been taken on your behalf to the product team. In addition, I have converted your feedback into an idea here in the community, so that other members that feel the same way can find your feedback and upvote it. This is also important to our product team, as they regularly follow how popular any given request is.

Stefan - Hybrid Solutions Member Posts: 5
    First Comment
    edited August 2022 #11
    Options

Thanks Manuel,

We will be looking forward to using that feature when implemented.

Not sure why there is 4 same posts!