How do you minimize email duplication in activity history?

Options
Mindy Aufderheide
Mindy Aufderheide Member Posts: 2
First Comment
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

How does your team handle the duplication of emails in Pipedrive when several users are CC'd on a single email? We are seeing multiple copies of the same email in  the activity history which is really messy and makes filtering a lot of information much more challenging. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Mindy Aufderheide , I'm sorry to hear you're having this inconvenience.

This doesn't sound like expected behaviour from the app, so I recommend you reach out to our Support team so they can troubleshoot with you and investigate further. Thank you!

• Mindy Aufderheide
    Mindy Aufderheide Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited October 2020 #3
    Options

Hi @Mindy Aufderheide , I'm sorry to hear you're having this inconvenience.

This doesn't sound like expected behaviour from the app, so I recommend you reach out to our Support team so they can troubleshoot with you and investigate further. Thank you!

Thanks @Ines. I did reach out them before posting out here. They told me there was no way to prevent this.

• Andrey Henke
    Andrey Henke Member Posts: 8
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #4
    Options

Hi @Mindy Aufderheide and @ines.

We suffer the same pain.

We work with construct companies as our clients. This companies attend several projects. Our created deals on PD are related to the projects of our clients.

Some people inside the construct company are prospecting many projects.

Today, as we see, PD relate all e-mails of a deal with the person we point first as being the client. 

In case this person have more than one deal, the mess is created.

It would be much easier if we could do it manually. If manually was an option.

Regards,

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited October 2020 #5
    Options

Hi @Mindy Aufderheide and @ines.

We suffer the same pain.

We work with construct companies as our clients. This companies attend several projects. Our created deals on PD are related to the projects of our clients.

Some people inside the construct company are prospecting many projects.

Today, as we see, PD relate all e-mails of a deal with the person we point first as being the client. 

In case this person have more than one deal, the mess is created.

It would be much easier if we could do it manually. If manually was an option.

Regards,

Hi @Andrey Henke , thank you for your input!

You can change your email settings in Email Sync > Automatic linking to deals > Link emails manually only.

@Mindy Aufderheide  maybe this tip can help you too. 🙏