Managing Referral Information

Jeremy Gulley_11062
Jeremy Gulley_11062 Member Posts: 80
First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary Solution Provider
edited July 2023 in Sales CRM #1

Hello everyone,

I'm working with a client that has a roofing company and they go door to door at times to sell to customers. They offer a rebate or incentive for referrals from one client to another and I'm trying to see how everyone manages this in pipedrive? Of course we can do simple notes but, I'm hoping someone has a better solution? I thought maybe using a custom "contact" field so the data connects well however, this would mean each customer could only refer 1 other customer. Open to thoughts and ideas :). Thanks in advance! 

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi @Jeremy Gulley 

If you add the contact type of field on the deal itself it should be fine right? So then you log on the deal where the referral came from. Then you can later filter/order on this field and see if some contacts referred you to multiple deals.

• Jeremy Gulley_11062
    edited October 2020 #3

Hi @Jeremy Gulley 

If you add the contact type of field on the deal itself it should be fine right? So then you log on the deal where the referral came from. Then you can later filter/order on this field and see if some contacts referred you to multiple deals.

Thanks @Mike van der Valk - At first I was thinking, "well then you can only have 1 referral" but, after reading your post again, that should work great! Never thought about it backwards. I'm going to implement this today and see if it works for the team. 

The biggest trouble we're having is getting as much information into the system as possible. As a door knocker is on site and getting a potential customer, they ask for name / phone / email / address (obviously) and now have fields like referral / insurance provider etc. I'm trying to create simple forms to do all this but, it's getting pretty cumbersome. If there's any suggestions on how to push a lot of info on a simple form (ie: create a second deal while adding the referral customer  and new customer info etc); I'm all ears. This also might need to be another post to poll the group. I feel like there has a to be a quicker way then using the Pipedrive app? 

Thanks again! 

• Jeremy Gulley_11062
    edited October 2020 #4

Hi @Jeremy Gulley 

Thanks @Mike van der Valk - At first I was thinking, "well then you can only have 1 referral" but, after reading your post again, that should work great! Never thought about it backwards. I'm going to implement this today and see if it works for the team. 

The biggest trouble we're having is getting as much information into the system as possible. As a door knocker is on site and getting a potential customer, they ask for name / phone / email / address (obviously) and now have fields like referral / insurance provider etc. I'm trying to create simple forms to do all this but, it's getting pretty cumbersome. If there's any suggestions on how to push a lot of info on a simple form (ie: create a second deal while adding the referral customer  and new customer info etc); I'm all ears. This also might need to be another post to poll the group. I feel like there has a to be a quicker way then using the Pipedrive app? 

Thanks again! 

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited October 2020 #5

Hi @Jeremy Gulley 

Probably there is, always good to try and get the community involved in solutions @Jeremy Gulley 

LeadBooster chat or web forms might help you capture all the info as well.