Is this a way to avoid email tracking for emails opened by a colleague in cc (another user of Pipedr

Options
Guillaume_1141
Guillaume_1141 Member Posts: 45
First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

I mean: if I send an email and put a colleague in cc, I don't want my colleague to be tracked, I am only interested in knowing one of the destinataries opened it. If the email is tracked also for the people inside the sender company, it looses functionality... but may be it is not in Pipedrive's hands

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Guillaume when your colleague opens it in Pipedrive it shouldn't track it if I'm not mistaken. If it happens outside of Pipedrive it does get tracked unfortunately.

• Guillaume_1141
    edited February 2021 #3
    Options

Hi @Guillaume when your colleague opens it in Pipedrive it shouldn't track it if I'm not mistaken. If it happens outside of Pipedrive it does get tracked unfortunately.

Hi Mike, my colleagues are inside Pipedrive as part of my team, and it seems that track is triggered even with them reading a message they received in copy. You might ask Rafael at Support, I understand he made some trials and got the same results. That makes the opening follow-up almost useless. Thanks

• Mike van der Valk
    edited February 2021 #4
    Options

Hi @Guillaume I'll follow up with Rafael thanks.

• Guillaume_1141
    edited March 2021 #5
    Options

Hi @Mike van der Valk Please give me your feedback on this once investigated. This is crucial to confirm the opening follow-up feature effectiveness. I am 95% sure that whoever opens the email (external addressee or internal cc colleague) will trigger it. So you never know exactly if the one you need to know he/she opened it actually did. I feel only the people mentioned in the TO: field (e.g. the main addressee either internal or external) is/are the only one(s) that should trigger the opening follow-up notification.  Thxs

• Mike van der Valk
    edited March 2021 #6
    Options

Thanks @Guillaume checking it out with the team now, will keep you posted

• Mike van der Valk
    edited March 2021 #7
    Options

Hi @Guillaume I've checked with our developers and tested myself but when an email is opened in Pipedrive itself it doesn't trigger the tracking pixel. Can you see if your colleagues are opening the emails outside of Pipedrive?

Unfortunately we can't yet stop the tracking pixel on specific people like in CC or something but the tracking pixel is not triggered if your colleague who receives the email opens it inside of Pipedrive.

• Guillaume_1141
    edited March 2021 #8
    Options

Hello @Mike van der Valk My colleagues are opening the emails inside Pipedrive. I am happy to read that it works as it should on your side. I will make some new trials on my side and let you know. Thanks

• Guillaume_1141
    edited March 2021 #9
    Options

Hello @Mike van der Valk . I am sorry to tell you that I did test inside my company and the follow-up has been triggered by one of my colleague who was in CC: . I did make sure she did open the email inside Pipedrive. As a matter of fact, I also called myself the addressee and asked him if he did open the email and he told me that he didn't even notice he did receive it. As Rafael (support), at some point  told me I think. This is not working as it should. Please deeply check what is happening. I confirm this feature is of no use at that point. May be again it works with Google mail (not my provider) but not with others ? 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited March 2021 #10
    Options

Thank you @Guillaume for confirming. I will speak with our support team so they can continue the conversation with you on this. This would be quicker then to use the community. We'll work on fixing it.

• Guillaume_1141
    edited March 2021 #11
    Options

Thanks @Mike van der Valk I did work on this with Rafael (support). I think he will contact you on this. This is a major flaw. 

• Guillaume_1141
    edited February 2022 #12
    Options

Hi there. One last shot on this here. I think the best would be to trigger only with the addressees. Nobody, internal o external in CC: or BCC: should be able to trigger the follow-up. The main and only important concern is about if your addressee did or not open the message sent to him/her. Thanks 

• Jennifer_18901
    Jennifer_18901 Member Posts: 5
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2021 #13
    Options
    Guillaume said:

Hi there. One last shot on this here. I think the best would be to trigger only with the addressees. Nobody, internal o external in CC: or BCC: should be able to trigger the follow-up. The main and only important concern is about if your addressee did or not open the message sent to him/her. Thanks 

Agree - I'm having the same issue. Coworker in copy opens the email and triggers an opened email count

• Steegstra
    Steegstra Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

Is this issue solved? Why not exclude the company ip address?