Archive deals

Options
Saskia Dix
Saskia Dix Member Posts: 7
First Comment
edited July 2022 in Business Talk #1

Hi Pipedrive users,

Do you have any tips for archiving deals? I have a number of deals that have not been won or lost, but that no longer need any attention. I would like this deals out of my pipeline.  Does someone has any solution for this?

Thank you in advance.

Tagged:

Comments

• Support_1862
    Support_1862 Member Posts: 15
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

You can simply delete them but the system will still retain the information. You can list them by creating a filter to see all the deleted deals and reopen if needed.

• Saskia Dix
    First Comment
    edited October 2020 #3
    Options
    Support said:

You can simply delete them but the system will still retain the information. You can list them by creating a filter to see all the deleted deals and reopen if needed.

Hi support, thank you for your answer. But the deals aren't visible anymore in the contactpage from the contact linked to the deleted deal right? 

• Support_1862
    Support_1862 Member Posts: 15
    First Comment
    edited October 2020 #4
    Options
    Support said:

That is correct. Other options you have is to create another stage where you can put all the deals that don't need the attention. Or even create a new pipeline to keep track of those deals.

Also can try automation when past any deal stage to update a custom field and then take it out from the pipeline using a filter. Hope this helps

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2022 #5
    Options

@Saskia Dix my question would be if you don't want to delete them or mark them as lost, why do you still need these deals in Pipedrive?

• Felix Griewald
    Felix Griewald Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #6
    Options

Hi,
    I think an additional option next to "won" and "lost" would be nice, like "archived". For example we have won deals, we are still dealing with. We have those won deals in "project started", "invoiced" and "done". In the step "done", it would be nice to give them a state archived or something.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited November 2020 #7
    Options

Hi,
    I think an additional option next to "won" and "lost" would be nice, like "archived". For example we have won deals, we are still dealing with. We have those won deals in "project started", "invoiced" and "done". In the step "done", it would be nice to give them a state archived or something.

Hi @Felix Griewald thanks for that additional info. I'll pass it on to the team. For now what you can do is use the deal labels or custom fields to tag them "archived" and then you can create a filter that excludes deals with that tag.

Little workaround but it does work! :) 

• Felix Griewald
    Felix Griewald Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2020 #8
    Options

Hi,

Hi Mike,

thanks, that's a good trick. I will try that.

• Saskia Dix
    First Comment
    edited November 2020 #9
    Options

@Saskia Dix my question would be if you don't want to delete them or mark them as lost, why do you still need these deals in Pipedrive?

Hi Mike,

Good question! We also use Pipedrive to register people who sign up for our webinars. We want to create deals for them because we want to sent them groupmails about the webinar.

So they are not won or lost. They just watched the webinar and we want to achive them after the event. I think Felix suggestion is a really good one. 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited November 2020 #10
    Options

@Saskia Dix what's the need to create deals though? It's also possible to send emails from the contact list view. You could give them a label or a tag via a custom fields. So it can be people who attended a webinar yes/no or with multiple options you can event tag them with the exact webinar. You can then filter them out and send them group emails right from the contact lists.

• Saskia Dix
    First Comment
    edited November 2020 #11
    Options

Good solution, thank you! I think we are going move this custom field about the webinars to the contactpage. Is it also possible to build a webform where you do not create a deal but only a contactperson? 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited November 2020 #12
    Options

You can set up your web form to create leads instead of deals @Saskia Dix 

This will then also create the contact person and you can decide not to convert the lead to a deal in this case.

• Pierre Couture
    Pierre Couture Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited March 2022 #13
    Options

I'd like to add my comment on Archive feature. I think it's extremely valuable to keep all the notes, tracking info like dates etc to a deal even after it's won or Lost. This is especially important on a recurring customer revenue. This way any rep can consult later the history of a transaction and find valuable information about who said what to whom during the sale cycle.

• Jeff Sprott
    Jeff Sprott Member Posts: 11
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited September 2021 #14
    Options

Hi,

Felix I'm all about your suggestion. Once in the "archived" stage it would be nice if they didn't show up in the general search anymore as to not confuse which deal is active or archived. Then we need a archived section to manual review since they won't show up in the general search bar at that point. 

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Jeff

• MindySue Davine
    MindySue Davine Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2022 #15
    Options

really need an archive button! I have created a new pipeline but this is not best solution. Need to archive them as they sometines back to life!

• Pierre Couture
    Pierre Couture Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

Is there an updat on the Deals Archive searhc option? I do not see the meaning of Archive if we cannot access without creating a filter or worst, delete the deal to find them in the delete database.