Sync with Gmail deletes contacts in pipedrive and creates new copies of the contacts instead of merg

Options
Carlos_17848
Carlos_17848 Member Posts: 1
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hi, Recently Pipedrive got unsyncd from gmail and g suite and I had to do another "sync". The problem when this happened is that it created a duplicate of all my contacts in pipedrive and deleting the original contacts, making me loose more than 1.5k contact history from previous 2+ years. All my won deals are with deleted contacts, and I have lost track of attribution of deals and contact as well as their origin. 

The pipedrive support did a rollback of the sync, however when it synched again, same issue and all the contacts got duplicated and the original ones got deleted instead of properly merged.

This is something that is driving our management crazy as suddenly a plan to further integrate with pipedrive has been halted and we might have to look for an alternative CRM like if this issue does not get solved. I personally really like using pipedrive so it would be great if there would be a proper way to handle contact sync issues.

Does any of you have suffered the same situation with contacts sync? have you been able to solve this somehow?

Comments

• Rick Schoonover_36573
    Rick Schoonover_36573 Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

There is a new (it started last Thursday or so) issue with Pipedrive again creating duplicates of ALL my contacts in Google.  It's driving me mad!  I'm very seriously looking at alternatives to Pipedrive.  They need to stop trying to add features and make the base product work!  Oh, and fields like website, and Job Title should have ALWAYS been Standard Fields!  LOL

• Kreete K
    Kreete K Pipedrive Team Posts: 355 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited July 2021 #3
    Options

There is a new (it started last Thursday or so) issue with Pipedrive again creating duplicates of ALL my contacts in Google.  It's driving me mad!  I'm very seriously looking at alternatives to Pipedrive.  They need to stop trying to add features and make the base product work!  Oh, and fields like website, and Job Title should have ALWAYS been Standard Fields!  LOL

Hi @Rick Schoonover!
    With this issue, please reach out to our Support team via in-app chat or email (support@pipedrive.com). Our team would then be able to investigate further and have needed information on your specific account. Thank you!

• Alex Astengo_13828
    Alex Astengo_13828 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #4
    Options

I have the same issue with contacts being deleted on sync. This was working perfectly fine for ages and now is causing major issues with missed interactions. I have my google sync set up two-way and connecting with a google group called leads...not sure if this is the issue as it keeps disconnecting and blames the group.

• Justin Sterling
    Justin Sterling Member Posts: 8
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #5
    Options

100% the same problem.    I've worked with many CRM's.  None have I loved as much as PD.   I've had small issues in the past and customer service has been outstanding in helping fix my errors or theirs.   They have submitted this problem to their engineers, but the significance of this problem and the ambiguous timeline for a fix is forcing me to look into alternative CRM's.  Whatever is causing the problem simply isn't acceptable.   The lost revenue and or lost credibility with clients is to great not to consider leaving.   

• Benjamin A
    Benjamin A Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2021 #6
    Options

I'm having the same issue here. Some of me contacts are being delete by contact sync automatically without doing anything. Did someone found the solution for this ? 

• Rick Schoonover_36573
    edited August 2021 #7
    Options

100% the same problem.    I've worked with many CRM's.  None have I loved as much as PD.   I've had small issues in the past and customer service has been outstanding in helping fix my errors or theirs.   They have submitted this problem to their engineers, but the significance of this problem and the ambiguous timeline for a fix is forcing me to look into alternative CRM's.  Whatever is causing the problem simply isn't acceptable.   The lost revenue and or lost credibility with clients is to great not to consider leaving.   

Yep, me too.  There are many good things about pipedrive; however, this is a major issue and there appears to me no urgency.  Please let me know as you analyze other CRM.  I don't use this help center often, so if you email me that would be GREAT!

Thanks,  Rick@apera.ai

• Rick Schoonover_36573
    edited August 2021 #8
    Options

I have the same issue with contacts being deleted on sync. This was working perfectly fine for ages and now is causing major issues with missed interactions. I have my google sync set up two-way and connecting with a google group called leads...not sure if this is the issue as it keeps disconnecting and blames the group.

Ditto!  If only there were a way to get pipedrive management (they hide!) to realize the urgency and importance of this issue!!!

• Rick Schoonover_36573
    edited August 2021 #9
    Options

Your support team sucks!  This is a systemic problem that Pipedrive apparently knows of, but is showing no signs of actually fixing.  The best that your tech support team could do was to blaim YOUR third-party supplier, Nylas.  That's total BS.  I bought pipedrive; along with all it's features (contact sync being one) and now it does not work.  But worse than not working, it's DELETING important contacts, Duplicating all others, and causing a negative impact to MY business.  That's just the opposite of what CRM is supposed to do! 

If you want to keep a customer that's small today (four or five licenses) but that is a startup with solid plans to become a Billion Dollar Company (how many seats do you think that might be for SalesForce... whoops, pipedrive) then have someone in your management team reach out to me directly at Rick@apera.ai.

Thanks!

• Sten André Rigedahl
    Sten André Rigedahl Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2021 #10
    Options

Same issue. Deletes. Creates duplicates. 

• Wesley_49026
    Wesley_49026 Member Posts: 25
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2021 #11
    Options

We are having the same issue unfortunately.. Any workaround found for this issue>

• Ryan Renner
    Ryan Renner Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2021 #12
    Options

Been having this issue for a long time.

• Alex King_66358
    Alex King_66358 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #13
    Options

I just noticed this issue happening to us. Any idea how to fix it? This is a big deal and would definitely consider switching to a different CRM if it doesn't have a fix or if it keeps happening.