Google and FB Ads to deals

Options
Bob Weiss
Bob Weiss Member Posts: 3
edited July 2022 in Apps and Integrations #1

Hi everyone. We have been using a FB ad for a while now to help generate leads. We are going to begin running several FB and Google ads. We need to be able to track which ad specifically resulted in a deal. Are there any best practices you can recommend or a 3rd party software you are using that is working well for you to track which specific ad converted to the deal? Currently, our FB ad (FB AD 01) is included in the title of the deal (via Zapier), but I can not use this to generate any reports. I need another way to track the source of the deal (FB AD 01, FB AD 02, Google AD 01, Google Ad 02, etc.) so that I am able to pull reports in Pipedrive based on which ad they came from. Thank you. 

Comments

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,531
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited October 2020 #2
    Options

Create a separate field to track the source.

With my clients, I use 2 separate fields: Source and Platform.

Source: To categorize the source of the deal broadly (Website, Ads)

Platform: To look at deals more granularly (ig, FB, website contact form, landing page form, etc.).

For ads specifically, I created a custom field called Referrer where I track the Ad ID or the Ad name. I set these up as part of the ZAP.

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited October 2020 #3
    Options

Hi @Bob Weiss , what an interesting use case, thank you for sharing!

I suggest using Deal Labels or creating a Custom Field in Deals to register the ad code instead of putting it in the deal title, as that way you'll be able to pull deal reports in Insights based on either of those fields.

Hope that helps and happy tracking!

Learn all about any of Pipedrive’s features from our Knowledge Base tutorials and our Academy video courses. Simply search for your topic! 🕵️

• henri@lavii.ee
    henri@lavii.ee Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2020 #4
    Options

Hey, @Bob Weiss, have you found a solution? :) We are currently testing one product in an early stage that sends UTM tags to Pipedrive and WON/LOST info to Google Analytics with revenue or reason. If you'd like to be one of the test clients hit me up at henrilavii@gmail.com and I can show you the details.

• Sergey Zuev
    Sergey Zuev Member Posts: 9
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited April 2021 #5
    Options

You can use GA Connector to track the source of each deal and import it to Pipedrive deals. It was built to solve the exact problem you're having.

Full disclosure: I'm the founder of GA Connector