Email history to remain in Deal when deleted in the source

Options
Joanne Popple
Joanne Popple Member Posts: 3

Hi There,

Is there a way for the email history of a deal to stay within there once the email has been deleted from the source. 

It wouldn't need to stay in the email tab in pipedrive but the full communication history would be very helpful. 

We can archive currently but there will be a time when we need to delete emails due to storage and this means the deal will no longer show the email history. 

Thanks 

Joanne

Comments

• Hans Nieto
    Hans Nieto Member Posts: 26
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    edited October 2020 #2
    Options

Hi Joanne, 

The emails do not disappear, only that when the deal becomes a lead, not everything is transferred (this includes the email), but no problem! ... the lead generates an automatic link that takes you to the old agreement in case that you require it

I hope that is useful for you.

Hans

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 845
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

Also - you want to make sure that your email sync isn't setup 2 way [this means that if you delete something at the source, it will delete in PD]

You want a 1 way sync in this case 

• Joanne Popple
    edited October 2020 #4
    Options

Thanks so much for this advice! I shall take a look at this 

• Joanne Popple
    edited October 2020 #5
    Options

Also - you want to make sure that your email sync isn't setup 2 way [this means that if you delete something at the source, it will delete in PD]

You want a 1 way sync in this case 

Thanks Boris, I can't see where to change this to a 1 way sync, could you point me in the right direction?

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited October 2020 #6
    Options

Hi @Joanne Popple !

You'll find the options below in Personal Preferences > Email Sync > Archive and Delete

When you delete an email in its source (your Gmail, Outlook, etc) it will also disappear from Pipedrive, as what you see in Pipedrive is actual a "mirror image" of the messages that lives in your email provider.

You can, however, decide if you want the emails to also be deleted in your provider when you delete them in Pipedrive, as highlighted in the picture below.

The 1-way email sync that @Boris Tsibelman mentioned above is a manual process of email sync called Smart Email BCC. Learn all about it:

Hope that helps! If you need any further assistance please reach out to our Support team.