Lead source and repeat business

Options
Nirmal Gyanwali
Nirmal Gyanwali Member Posts: 26
First Comment
edited July 2023 in Sales CRM #1

We have two pipelines in our PD - New Business and Repeat Business. 

And it's easy to track the Source of new business as a custom field when you get a new lead. But it's hard to find the original source of the leads after it moves to the Repeat Business Pipelines when you have multiple people involved and multiple products are purchased.

For us, the Source is Google Ads, SEO, LinkedIn etc channels where the leads come from.

As there is no conditional logic in the custom fields, we have to feed the data for both pipelines.

Do you ignore the original source of the lead once it becomes a repeat business or keeps the record for reporting?

I think it would be good to see which channel has brought what level of revenue later but it's becoming hard to keep the data clean. 

Not sure if it can be automated or there are other better ways.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited October 2020 #2
    Options

Hi @Nirmal Gyanwali , interesting use case you have here! 🙂

I hope to have understood your end-goal correctly. If you have already created a custom field for Leads/Deals where you store the source data, I suggest creating an automation that updates that field as you wish when the deal moves from pipeline A to B.

Learn all about Workflow Automations:

@Bernd Auer Do you have any best practices you recommend for cases like this where Deals move between pipelines?