How to link an email to a deal when it's linked only to a contact?

Sue Steckle
Sue Steckle Member Posts: 23
First Comment
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Can anyone help me figure out how to link an email that I copied into Pipedrive, and is linked to the recipient only, to the deal he is associated with? 

I searched for a contact, the deal he's a participant in didn't come up (and I didn't know it existed, I'm not the owner) so I emailed the contact in reply to a previous email (from Outlook) and copied the generic BCC email for our company so it would link to the contact. It did. Then I received feedback from a colleague that a deal exists and he is linked as a participant, but this email isn't showing in the deal. 

Is there a way to link emails received into Pipedrive to a deal? I've looked in my email queue, and at the email on the contact's page, and see no way to do this.

Help? 

Comments

• Flip Nolen
    Flip Nolen Member Posts: 94
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    edited February 2022 #2

In the Pipedrive email view, if you click on the date of the email on the very right-hand side, a box will pop out where you can LINK TO A DEAL.

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited November 2020 #3

In the Pipedrive email view, if you click on the date of the email on the very right-hand side, a box will pop out where you can LINK TO A DEAL.

Hi @Sue Steckle !

To piggyback on  @Felicity Nolen 's tip above, clicking anywhere to open the email message in your Pipedrive inbox will show you something similar to this:

Learn all about any of Pipedrive’s features from our Knowledge Base tutorials and our Academy video courses. Simply search for your topic! 🕵️

• Simon Robitaille
    Simon Robitaille Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

What happen when you want to link an email to a deal that somebody else sent?

Is it possible?

• Mark Haller
    Mark Haller Member Posts: 24
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic

OK - so that's 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

I'm sat on the Contact. I see two email conversations I want to move to the Deal.

I click all dropdowns around the emails and see no option to move to the Deal.

I take a note of whom, date/time and then go to my Sales Inbox and make sure nothing is filtered - I cannot find the email.

So the email can ONLY sit on the Contact and if anyone in my sales team goes into the Deal, they've no idea there are two active conversations that are super important for us to win business.

FAIL FAIL FAIL.