Bulk linking to deal

Options
Sven Hugo Joosten
Sven Hugo Joosten Member Posts: 3
5 Up Votes

I would like to be able to link emails I have received or sent on which I create a deal at a later moment in bulk. Right now you can only that one by one and that is time consuming.

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited October 2021 #2
    Options

Thanks again for sharing @Sven Hugo Joosten I'll check internally who's looking into this and pass on the suggestion. Could you explain the use case a bit more. Can you help me understand what these emails are about before a deal is created?

• Sylvie Lau
    Sylvie Lau Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2021 #3
    Options

Hello, Any luck on this matter ? Thanks

• Mike van der Valk
    edited October 2021 #4
    Options

Hi @Sylvie Lau 

After the post above I reached out to our team that looks at the email area in Pipedrive. They have noted this request down and put it on the list of ideas. However, right now there's other priorities for the team as we're working on general improvements in the sync of emails itself. I will however let them know that also you are interested in this update. Thanks for sharing!

• Rock Stevens
    Rock Stevens Member Posts: 24
    5 Likes First Comment
    edited February 2022 #5
    Options

@Mike van der Valk @Kadri Pirn here is another request for the same feature about bulk linking emails. 

This has been requested multiple times over the past year. Have the developers spent any time on a solution for this or is always going to be at the bottom of the list? 

Implementing a solution on the developer side is not very technical, and it could dramatically make PipeDrive user's experiences much more efficient. It is painful to use PipeDrive's email feature and manually having to 

1. Search for a keyword to pull up all related emails
    2. Click on each email one by one
    3. Scroll down to link the deal linking section (bottom right)
    4. Search again for the same keyword that finds the deal
    5. Link the deal
    6. Click back to go to email inbox
    7. Repeat for the next keyword to find emails related to deals
    8. Imagine having 10 emails to repeat this with....

This could be largely simplified. Imagine the keystrokes required to select 10 emails and "Mark as Read". This is completely achievable from the inbox without having to open each email and search inside of each email. 

This is extremely helpful for companies where emails come in related to deals even though you didn't start the email thread. There is no way to email "from" the deal. 

Please post a status update on how much work has been accomplished in the 10 months this request has been on their desk.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited October 2021 #6
    Options

@Mike van der Valk @Kadri Pirn here is another request for the same feature about bulk linking emails. 

This has been requested multiple times over the past year. Have the developers spent any time on a solution for this or is always going to be at the bottom of the list? 

Implementing a solution on the developer side is not very technical, and it could dramatically make PipeDrive user's experiences much more efficient. It is painful to use PipeDrive's email feature and manually having to 

1. Search for a keyword to pull up all related emails
    2. Click on each email one by one
    3. Scroll down to link the deal linking section (bottom right)
    4. Search again for the same keyword that finds the deal
    5. Link the deal
    6. Click back to go to email inbox
    7. Repeat for the next keyword to find emails related to deals
    8. Imagine having 10 emails to repeat this with....

This could be largely simplified. Imagine the keystrokes required to select 10 emails and "Mark as Read". This is completely achievable from the inbox without having to open each email and search inside of each email. 

This is extremely helpful for companies where emails come in related to deals even though you didn't start the email thread. There is no way to email "from" the deal. 

Please post a status update on how much work has been accomplished in the 10 months this request has been on their desk.

Hi @Rock Stevens 

Thank you for keeping us on our toes! I just replied in another thread when I saw your post here. The reply is in this thread.

I wish I could make any promises but I hope you realise we get hundreds to thousands of request related to emailing along throughout a year from hundreds of thousands of users.

What I mean with this is not this specific request is not important, but what I mean is that we try to cater the needs of as many people as we can as quickly as we can. Updates like these are definitely on the list but for our example right now our email team is working on linking the leads inbox to our email features in Pipedrive.

I truly hope we can make this update in the future and will continue to talk to our team to highlight this request. Thanks again for sharing and have a great day!

• Crystal Delaney_21852
    Crystal Delaney_21852 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2021 #7
    Options

Hi @Sylvie Lau 

After the post above I reached out to our team that looks at the email area in Pipedrive. They have noted this request down and put it on the list of ideas. However, right now there's other priorities for the team as we're working on general improvements in the sync of emails itself. I will however let them know that also you are interested in this update. Thanks for sharing!

Hi, checking in on this. Any updates? This would be an amazing feature especially if you are a new user trying to catch up on 6 months worth of emails. 

• Jorge Baltazar
    Jorge Baltazar Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2021 #8
    Options

Any luck introducing this yet?

• StevenBrown
    StevenBrown Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

I see there are quite a few people looking for this feature to be implemented. I will join the growing list. Seeing as the last person to comment was in 2022 and I am now posting in 2024, I am gathering this feature has still not been implemented. Can you tell me if this is currently being worked on or even in the pipeline of things to do?