Need two reports: Win Rate (%) per stage & Average Sales Cycle

Sean Harvey
Sean Harvey Member Posts: 12
First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment

Hi,

I have a couple of things that I need / would like to suggest.

1. Win Rate per stage: In the old reporting, I was able to see a report that would show the % Closed Won rate per stage. This was great so that I could apply the appropriate % probability of each stage in our sales pipeline (which in turn affects the $$ for forecasted deals). After switching to the new Insights reporting, I can't seem to accomplish this anymore. I can do a Conversion report that will tell me the conversion % from one stage to the next, but I want to know the conversion % to Won for each individual stage.

2. After speaking with support, I realized that an Average Sales Cycle report does NOT calculate from deal "Create Date" to deal "Closed Won" date, but rather by "time spent in each stage".  I need to be able to pull average sales cycle based on the time between create date and closed won date because sometimes deals linger, when they should be closed and then re-opened in the future, causing our average sales cycle to be inaccurate. I have one deal that wasn't properly closed lost in the past and now that it was Won, it is DRASTICALLY skewing my average sales cycle reporting and I have no way to correct it.

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Sean Harvey
    edited November 2020 #2

Anyone have any solutions for this? I believe #1 should already be capable in the platform, but #2 is likely for the PD team directly.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited November 2020 #3

Hi @Sean Harvey so do I understand you right that on #1 you actually win deals from the middle of the sales cycle? They don't all go through every stage and get won in the end? Cause if they go through every stage can't you just use the conversion from stage to stage to set the probability per stage?

Regarding #2, you can actually manually adjust creation dates and won times in the list views can this help you?

• Sean Harvey
    edited December 2020 #4

#1 I understanding the conversion from stage to stage, but I want to know the likelihood of a deal being Closed Won on a per stage basis. Let's say, for example, there are four stages: (1) Call Scheduled (2) Demo Completed (3) Negotiation and (4) Contract Sent. I want to know the probability of deals that reach stage 2, 3, and 4 that end up getting Closed Won. This used to be available before Insights took over. 

#2 I know that I can edit this, but it doesn't affect the "Average Sales Cycle" report because apparently this report uses the total # of days in each cycle rather than the difference between create date and won date -- which, I think is incorrect.

• Seda
    Seda Posts: 85 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited December 2020 #5

Hi @Sean Harvey ! Thank you for the feedback :) Hope this helps:

Win rate per stage

• Open Insights
    • Start creating a new report and then choose Deal -> Conversion
    • In the report deal view choose Win/loss tab
    • Choose Stage in View by dropdown
    • Apply filters to see the results that you need (ex: Add pipeline)

Average Sales Cycle

If deals are being lost and then re-open back then Pipedrive stops counting days when a deal is lost and starts counting again when the deal is open again.
    While creating a report (New -> Deal->Duration), make sure you have "Deal closed on" in the filter instead of "Deal created". In that case, we are counting only deals that were either lost or won (open deals are excluded).

• Mike van der Valk
    edited December 2020 #6

Thanks for jumping in @Seda 🚀

• Sean Harvey
    edited February 2022 #7

@Seda 

Win rate per stage:

This still doesn't work because this is saying the Win or Lost rate per stage.. all of our Won deals progress through each stage of the pipeline. I want to know, for example, of the deals that reach "Vetted Interest" stage, what % end up being Won (not directly from Vettered Interest straight to Won, because that doesn't happen). See below:

Average Sales Cycle

I do have mine set up this way, but that's not the issue. The issue is that there was one deal that, historically speaking, should have been Lost and then a new deal created again when the prospect re-engaged. Since this didn't happen, that one deal is skewing the report (August):

I assumed that if I changed the "Won Time", essentially making the time between "Create Date" and "Won Time", it would properly reflect the average sales cycle, but it doesn't have any effect because I am told that this report uses "days in each stage" (and un-adjustable number) rather than the difference between create date and won time. If you do the math, you can see the average won time is NOT 113 days as the report above says. I am trying to fix this! -

• Seda
    edited December 2020 #8

@Seda 

Win rate per stage:

This still doesn't work because this is saying the Win or Lost rate per stage.. all of our Won deals progress through each stage of the pipeline. I want to know, for example, of the deals that reach "Vetted Interest" stage, what % end up being Won (not directly from Vettered Interest straight to Won, because that doesn't happen). See below:

Average Sales Cycle

I do have mine set up this way, but that's not the issue. The issue is that there was one deal that, historically speaking, should have been Lost and then a new deal created again when the prospect re-engaged. Since this didn't happen, that one deal is skewing the report (August):

I assumed that if I changed the "Won Time", essentially making the time between "Create Date" and "Won Time", it would properly reflect the average sales cycle, but it doesn't have any effect because I am told that this report uses "days in each stage" (and un-adjustable number) rather than the difference between create date and won time. If you do the math, you can see the average won time is NOT 113 days as the report above says. I am trying to fix this! -

Win rate per stage

Oh I see what you mean. In that case, I'd recommend using the Funnel conversion report. The "All stages included" is disabled right now due to a technical issue, but we are planning to open it back. That will enable you to exclude stages let's say between stage 4 and won and see what is the win rate of deals reaching stage 4. You cannot see that % right now but this report will give you more insights on that, as you are able to visually see how your deals are moving through the pipeline and where you lose deals the most.

Average Sales Cycle
    How do you think we can update the data of that deal on our end so it shows the right results? Would reducing days spent on stage  help to fix this issue?

• Sean Harvey
    edited December 2020 #9

@Seda 

Win rate per stage: Ok great! So it sounds like what I want right now is not currently available to a technical issue, but it will be soon? Any idea of timeline?

Average Sales Cycle: Yes it would! I need to reduce the time by 148 days. The deal ID is "10883". Can you make the following adjustment:

"Demo Completed" stage: reduce from 139 days to 30 days.

"Vetted Interest" stage: reduce from 82 days to 43 days.

• Sean Harvey
    edited February 2022 #10

@Seda Hi Seda -- is this something you think that you can do?

• Seda
    edited December 2020 #11

Oh sorry, I missed the previous message!

Win rate per stage: I, unfortunately, cannot give an ETA but it will be most likely be fixed at the beginning of next year. 

Average Sales Cycle: investigating. Will get back to you asap.

• Seda
    edited December 2020 #12

@Sean Harvey We just made an update to your deal (10883). Can you please check if it's correct now? Please do it in an incognito browser.

• Sean Harvey
    edited February 2022 #13

@Seda Thank you so much!! Really appreciate it. I've been trying to solve this for many months now. :)

• Seda
    edited December 2020 #14

@Seda Thank you so much!! Really appreciate it. I've been trying to solve this for many months now. :)

No problem :) Very happy it solved the issue! 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited December 2020 #15

@Seda you rock 🚀 we all appreciate your help!

• Sean Harvey
    edited February 2022 #16

@Seda Hi Seda. I just wanted to check back in re: "Win rate per stage" to see if the technical issue has been fixed and if not if there's any ETA?

• Seda
    edited January 2021 #17

@Seda Hi Seda. I just wanted to check back in re: "Win rate per stage" to see if the technical issue has been fixed and if not if there's any ETA?

Hi @Sean Harvey ! We are working on enabling the "All stages included" dropdown for the Funnel conversion report. That should solve the issues.

• Sean Harvey
    edited January 2021 #18

@Seda Ok thanks! Any ETA? Would you be able to let me know once it's fixed? :)

• Sean Harvey
    edited March 2021 #19

Hi @Seda ! Any update re: Win rate per stage ?