How to track efforts to build referral sources

Ric Taylor
Ric Taylor Member Posts: 1
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

I own a private therapy practice. Referrals from other professionals is the lifeblood of my business. When email, call, and meet others I want to track my efforts. Also, I want to track how many referrals each person has sent me and how many I've sent them. How do set up Pipedrive to do this? Thanks so much, ~ Ric

Tagged:

Comments

• Daniel Steyn_20524
    Daniel Steyn_20524 Member Posts: 13
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #2

Ric,

You can create a "referral source" custom field for deals, with contact/person as the field type.  Every time you have a new deal you select your referral partner's name in the "referral source" custom field. You can add the referral source field as a column in your list view of your deals.

To track referrals you give, I would suggest you add a second pipeline called "leads given" with one stage called "Lead given".  The contact person for the deals in your leads given stage is the name of the person you give the lead to. In the future, you will see all the won/open/lost deals you gave the person in his profile. 

Note that you will also see the deals the person referred to you on his/her profile. 

You can use filters in your deal list view to see deals in one of the two pipelines to see received or given leads.

You can also set up workflow automation to schedule a task to call your referral partner after X days to ask if the lead was won/lost. 

Happy selling,

Daniel

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited November 2020 #3

Ric,

You can create a "referral source" custom field for deals, with contact/person as the field type.  Every time you have a new deal you select your referral partner's name in the "referral source" custom field. You can add the referral source field as a column in your list view of your deals.

To track referrals you give, I would suggest you add a second pipeline called "leads given" with one stage called "Lead given".  The contact person for the deals in your leads given stage is the name of the person you give the lead to. In the future, you will see all the won/open/lost deals you gave the person in his profile. 

Note that you will also see the deals the person referred to you on his/her profile. 

You can use filters in your deal list view to see deals in one of the two pipelines to see received or given leads.

You can also set up workflow automation to schedule a task to call your referral partner after X days to ask if the lead was won/lost. 

Happy selling,

Daniel

Great suggestions @Daniel Steyn just tagging you here @Ric Taylor to make sure you see the answer Daniel gave you.