Hi all, does anyone have a guide on how to/best practice to drive adoption of Pipedrive with my coll

Oliver Bennett-Coles
Oliver Bennett-Coles Member Posts: 1
edited July 2022 in Business Talk #1

Tagged:

Comments

• Daniel Steyn_20524
    Daniel Steyn_20524 Member Posts: 13
    First Comment
    edited November 2020 #2

Oliver,

First challange is "Do they have a pain/issue that Pipedrive is solving?" You need to show them how Pipedrive is a) either helping do something better than they are doing now, or b) address a problem they are having.  If your CRM is used by managers to manage the team then it can become a CRM burden for the team. However, if it is set up to help the team become more productive and they agree that it addresses / solves the pain, then adoption is easier.   So look for the top issues they are struggling with and look for a way that PD fixes it. If there is no pain or no need and no benefit then they will not use it.

Secondly, set metrics (number of calls made, number of demos done, number of deals closed) and make their commission dependant on the results, as measured by the PD report. Get one ambassador that is willing to invest the time to learn and use it and have him/her as your posterchild of success.

Thirdly, assign a task to the sales individuals that are pushing back the hardest to do either of the following: 

1. research on the knowledge base and figure out how to do something and ask them to demo it to the rest of the team the next week.
    2. ask them to find a solution in pipedrive to address a specific challange the team is facing. In other words, make them part of the solution. in doing so they will promote it. 

Hope that helps. Happy selling.

DS

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited November 2020 #3

Perhaps @Bernd Auer @Boris Tsibelman and @Amit Sarda can also share some tips and tricks as they often onboard new teams to Pipedrive.

• Bernd Auer
    Bernd Auer Member Posts: 344
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #4

O... just saw that I was pinned here... Sorry @Mike van der Valk  and @Oliver Bennett-Coles !

Very hard to put a good answer in this tiny posting box. There are different approaches which are all fine. But very depending on the way a company is working. 

There are "laissez fair" companies. Each person has to find his own benefit in working with Pipedrive. For these companies I am showing a lot of best practices and spent more time in individual training. 

And there are these "authoritarian" companies. I am creating a lot of reports and filters and show them how to get the KPIs they need to find out if the users are working properly. 

And there are a lot of companies inbetween ;-) And companies who started with laissez fair and go to authoritarian. Today (not kidding - true story) I received this email from a company who is working with Pipedrive since one year. 50% of the sales people were using Pipedrive, 50% did not see a personal benefit:

We just had an internal meeting and the knowledge, interest using CRM is mixed. We have decided that use of CRM is mandatory and it will have 100% back up from all management. Not using our CRM means that such individual have no future in our company. Simple statement. 

If you want to have some bullet points:

• Training: The better people know how to work with it, the better they will use it.
    • Good set up: If Pipedrive is set up in a good way, it will be easy to use. Maybe you want to hire somebody who could double check your way of working. You will find a lot of good partners here.
    • Use Reports and filters like: How many deals were created per week per person? How many activites were done. Use them in your meetings!
    • You can create automations if something is not done as you want. Send an email to the deal owner if a certain field is not filled correctly when moving a deal to a certain stage. If the colleague still does not do it, add his supervisor in Cc in the automation. You will see. The field will be filled quickly. I do have a customer who is using the generel Slack channel for this. John Doe did not use the field when moving the deal into the next stage. Not sure if I would do this public shaming in my company ;-)

Does this make sense to you?

Besides that: I saw that you wanted to join the Pipedrive Pipedrive Channel. Were you looking for somebody who can support you? 

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited December 2020 #5

O... just saw that I was pinned here... Sorry @Mike van der Valk  and @Oliver Bennett-Coles !

Very hard to put a good answer in this tiny posting box. There are different approaches which are all fine. But very depending on the way a company is working. 

There are "laissez fair" companies. Each person has to find his own benefit in working with Pipedrive. For these companies I am showing a lot of best practices and spent more time in individual training. 

And there are these "authoritarian" companies. I am creating a lot of reports and filters and show them how to get the KPIs they need to find out if the users are working properly. 

And there are a lot of companies inbetween ;-) And companies who started with laissez fair and go to authoritarian. Today (not kidding - true story) I received this email from a company who is working with Pipedrive since one year. 50% of the sales people were using Pipedrive, 50% did not see a personal benefit:

We just had an internal meeting and the knowledge, interest using CRM is mixed. We have decided that use of CRM is mandatory and it will have 100% back up from all management. Not using our CRM means that such individual have no future in our company. Simple statement. 

If you want to have some bullet points:

• Training: The better people know how to work with it, the better they will use it.
    • Good set up: If Pipedrive is set up in a good way, it will be easy to use. Maybe you want to hire somebody who could double check your way of working. You will find a lot of good partners here.
    • Use Reports and filters like: How many deals were created per week per person? How many activites were done. Use them in your meetings!
    • You can create automations if something is not done as you want. Send an email to the deal owner if a certain field is not filled correctly when moving a deal to a certain stage. If the colleague still does not do it, add his supervisor in Cc in the automation. You will see. The field will be filled quickly. I do have a customer who is using the generel Slack channel for this. John Doe did not use the field when moving the deal into the next stage. Not sure if I would do this public shaming in my company ;-)

Does this make sense to you?

Besides that: I saw that you wanted to join the Pipedrive Pipedrive Channel. Were you looking for somebody who can support you? 

Super great input @Bernd Auer thanks for sharing!

• Pablo Data
    Pablo Data Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic First Comment

Hi,

I connected Pipedrive to Looker Studio, so the team and managers could visualize in real time how each member is adopting and even more important performing. 

I tied, bonus, feedback, evaluations, etc, to reports on Looker Studio, my moto was: "What I see at Looker Studio is what you have done. 

At the beginning the team complaining that actually they sold more or completed more tasks, I kept saying what I see on the reports is what you have done. Few weeks later, everyone was so motivated to make pipedrive adoption visible, learning more about the app, solving set up errors, etc. 😉