Report to display individual payment transaction value per month (not the total deal value)

Jon Knight
Jon Knight Member Posts: 3
Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary

Payments are a great new feature of Pipedrive! Now we can forecast revenue in a meaningful way for both subscription services and separate payments! Well done Pipedrive!

For example I close to winning a deal, Deal A for $100,000 I could create a $50k payment for January and a $50k payment for March. I've another deal, Deal B which also closes 50% ($25k) in March as well.

However... there isn't a way to be able to see individual payment transactions in a report. When you click on the aggregated revenue total for a month in the Subscription Revenue report, you do get the deals that make up that revenue total... but you can only see the value of the total deal and not the value of the payment that contribued to that month's revenue! 

It's essential, however to able to see the separate payments values that go towards your monthly revenue number. 

Example report detail for March with data above would show:

• Deal A Payment 2:  $50,000
  • Deal B Payment 1 : $25,000
  • TOTAL FOR MARCH $75,000

From a Sales / Account Management perspective it means that it's easy for finance to see what they should be invoicing from month to month.

This change would be super-useful for anyone using payments for revenue forecasting. Please Pipedrive, can you make this minor, but incredibly valuable change?

1 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited November 2020 #2

Hi @Jon Knight 

Great suggestion and thanks for explaining why you'd need it. I'm passing it on to our teams to review for future updates in Pipedrive.

• Brian Stockmaster
    Brian Stockmaster Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2021 #3

Hello Pipedrive,

Any update on Jon's request above? Why bother entering these details if we can't look at it a meaningful way. Now I'm keeping a separate spreadsheet = double entry. Or not entering in Pipedrive. :(

Please help! This would be so useful!

Thank you,

Brian

• Jon Knight
    edited February 2022 #4

Brian, I'm also using a separate spreadsheet which is a data reconciliation nightmare! @Mike van der Valk any news from Pipedrive? I work for a tech startup and this must be no more than a day of work and testing...
    Frankly I'm being pushed by our finance team to switch to a CRM that reports individual revenue transactions in a forecast to save admin cost. Any news would be useful. Is there a workaround with 3rd party integration?

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2021 #5

Brian, I'm also using a separate spreadsheet which is a data reconciliation nightmare! @Mike van der Valk any news from Pipedrive? I work for a tech startup and this must be no more than a day of work and testing...
    Frankly I'm being pushed by our finance team to switch to a CRM that reports individual revenue transactions in a forecast to save admin cost. Any news would be useful. Is there a workaround with 3rd party integration?

Hi @Jon Knight I don't have anything exact to give you unfortunately :( I will pass this on internally and hopefully it can be prioritised.

• Nicolas du Manoir
    Nicolas du Manoir Member Posts: 6
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #6

Hi , completely support this request from Jon and I would like to add the following request:

My understanding is that the Scheduled Payment report is using Weighted values and unlike the Subscription report you can't choose for Value or Weighted value. Is it possible to add this to the report?

Nicolas

• Kreete K
    Kreete K Pipedrive Team Posts: 355 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited April 2021 #7

Hi , completely support this request from Jon and I would like to add the following request:

My understanding is that the Scheduled Payment report is using Weighted values and unlike the Subscription report you can't choose for Value or Weighted value. Is it possible to add this to the report?

Nicolas

Hi @Nicolas du Manoir!

Thank you for bringing this up. I will share this also with the Product team for future improvements! 

• Jan Kotek
    Jan Kotek Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2022 #8

Hello guys, do you have any updates about this requirement? It's quite annoying that we cannot see a breakdown of the total sum of the MRR. What we see is "Value" but that's useless, usually does not match the client's MRR. I have to check on the deal detail of each customer. 

• Rafael Sena
    Rafael Sena Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2022 #9

Any updates on this??? This is basic in sales and should be implemented asap. Having a hard time with this as well

• Jon Knight
    edited August 2022 #10

@Kreete K , @Mike van der Valk_2 @Alin Rusu @Bruna Fondo Could you please provide any update on this basic and essential request please? We've just combined with a much larger global business media organisation who are looking at following our lead in using Pipedrive across their sales team, but basic monthly "payments" reporting is a must.. if we can't get this data out then we'll have to switch to another platform.

Am I being dense or is there another way of exporting monthly payment details vs total deal value?? Surely this must be a prerequisite to any business...

Come on Pipedrive... this is quite literally a case of adding a field to the subscription revenue report... how hard can it be?

• Carly Fordham
    Carly Fordham Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment

@Kreete K

I was wondering if any progress was made on the issues highlight here regarding reporting on a payment schedule?

• This is a crucial function as you can create subscription/payment schedules in pipedrive but you can not export the data! It is a total blocker for using CRM for any cash flow predictions!

• BenZ
    BenZ Member Posts: 1
    First Comment First Anniversary

Looking for revenue forecast by transactional revenue not subscription or payment schedule ie 10c per transaction with 100000 transactions in the month

• CyberNetDave
    CyberNetDave Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

We also accept progress payments that stretch over the year and would like to visualize revenue in the insights reports accurately. We'd like to visualize revenue on a cash basis, for the progress payments without having to run a "subscriptions" forecast.