Link a person to a deal automatically

Dan Strutt_17241
Dan Strutt_17241 Member Posts: 9
Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
edited July 2022 in Workflow Automation #1

I've created workflows which create an Organisation when a Contact is created (this is coming from Mailshake via Zapier).

I also have a workflow that creates a Deal when an Organisation is created.

So the flow is currently - contact is created > organisation is created > deal is created.

This all works fine, but for some reason the Contact and Deal are not linked. 

Does anyone know a way of automatically linking the Contact and Deal - I'm looking to run campaigns at scale so don't want to have to manually click 'link contact' from the Deal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 845
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited May 2022 #2

You have to update your automation to first create, then LOOK UP [in the last step] when making the deal

• Dan Strutt_17241
    Dan Strutt_17241 Member Posts: 9
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited May 2022 #3

You have to update your automation to first create, then LOOK UP [in the last step] when making the deal

Hi Boris,

Thanks for your reply. I've since reverted to linking the deal to the contact (instead of the organisation).

I was told by PD support that it wasn't possible to link all 3 (contact + org + deal). If you have a solution to do this could you be so kind as to share the workflow?

Thanks

• Pierre LATSCHA_42175
    Pierre LATSCHA_42175 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2021 #4

Zapier is developing this Zap, apparently. I've also asked the tech team. I guess people are quickly be needing this shortcut to automate prospection (like me)

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,531
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited January 2022 #5
  • CharlieParker7
    CharlieParker7 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

Has anyone figured out how to do this when setting up an automation to create a deal from an existing organization/contact? For example, I'm importing contacts/organizations from a manually scrubbed lead spreadsheet and then have an automation setup to create a deal when an organization field is updated. However, I can't figure out how to link a contact to this deal in the same automation to then have an email sent. Any guidance? Thanks!

• Link the person in the Person field when creating the deal.

• Keith Greywood
    Keith Greywood Member Posts: 35
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment

I am importing some data (the contacts will be in Pipedrive already) to create deals. I don't get why, if the contact is part of an organisation, that this organisation cannot automatically be attached to the deal. Is it possible to attach an organisation (of the contact) to the deal with pipedrive automations or zapier? Maybe when a new deal matches a filter where no organisation is set and the contact has an organisation.

• You have to link the two using Pipedrive System IDs as part of the CSV import.