Hi! Newbie question. How do I add in a companies LinkedIn profile, when the ‘smart contact info’ doe

Rob Dobson
Rob Dobson Member Posts: 2
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Tagged:

Comments

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 847
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited February 2022 #2

Hey Rob,

You would have a custom field for the LinkedIn profile URL, and you can paste that into the field. 

• Rob Dobson
    Rob Dobson Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2020 #3

Hey Rob,

You would have a custom field for the LinkedIn profile URL, and you can paste that into the field. 

Thanks Boris - but when I use Smart Contact it adds a specific field? Or is that just adding a custom field itself?

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited December 2020 #4

Hey Rob,

@Rob Dobson currently the smart contact data just pulls the info, it doesn't create the fields for you. If you'd like to store the data on the contact you'd need to indeed create custom fields for it and past the data in there.

• Phil Shelley
    Phil Shelley Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #5

I've created the custom field and pasted the Linkedin details, but the link isn't clickable. Is there a way that the LinkedIn profile can be included when "Smart Data Search" doesn't locate the contact or company?

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited January 2021 #6

I've created the custom field and pasted the Linkedin details, but the link isn't clickable. Is there a way that the LinkedIn profile can be included when "Smart Data Search" doesn't locate the contact or company?

Hi @Phil Shelley 

When you use the text-type of custom field the link should be clickable. Which field type did you use? If you did use the text-type and it's not working reach out to our support team please.

Regarding your other comment, I'll pass it on.

• Peter DeGelder
    Peter DeGelder Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2021 #7

Hi All,

I added a custom field and added the URL and it is clickable.  Thanks!

Peter