"REASON LOST" Notes for "Lost Deals"

Kurt Habelt
Kurt Habelt Member Posts: 1

Hello fellow Salespeople... so, whenever we  lose a deal and click that big red LOST button,  a little comment box pops up and asks us for a comment. I use this little box to describe why I lost the deal (price was too high, customer went with a competitor, etc) 

BUT - WHERE DOES THAT COMMENT GO?

When we go back and look through our old lost deals, the comment is nowhere to be found! In my opinion, the "REASON DEAL WAS LOST" should be immediately available (ie "at a glance") to salespeople reviewing their old deals. 

Pipedrive has given us the perfect comment box to write our "final note" before we close out a deal - and then they remove it from our view!

Apparently, other people are noticing this too and it's becoming a frequent request. Would anyone else like to see the "REASON LOST"  clearly and prominently displayed on our lost deals?  

1 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited June 2022 #2

Hi @Kurt Habelt 

Actually the "lost reason" is saved in a specific field on your deal. You can edit the list view to for example see it there, create filters for them, report on them, etc..
    But you can also see that field on the details page on your deal like here:

• Meghann Cundall
    Meghann Cundall Member Posts: 11
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #3

Hi Mike.  While it's true that the Lost Reason appears in the Deal details, the notes that we enter as part of the "text" box for the Lost Reason are not in the detail section.  

I see they appear as a Note under Activity.  

Is there any way to have the Note appear as a column field in Insights so we can run a report not only to see the "Lost Reason" but to extract the Notes for all the Closed/Lost files so we can see what are the most common comments left by Sales team members?  

• Mike van der Valk
    edited February 2021 #4

Hi Mike.  While it's true that the Lost Reason appears in the Deal details, the notes that we enter as part of the "text" box for the Lost Reason are not in the detail section.  

I see they appear as a Note under Activity.  

Is there any way to have the Note appear as a column field in Insights so we can run a report not only to see the "Lost Reason" but to extract the Notes for all the Closed/Lost files so we can see what are the most common comments left by Sales team members?  

Hi @Meghann Cundall unfortunately the note can't be shown in Insights, just the reason itself. But you can just go to settings-export data and there extract all your notes from Pipedrive to get that information.

• Jean Zakka
    Jean Zakka Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2022 #5

Hi @Mike van der Valk I am equally interested in exporting the Comments which can be manually added in the box of the lost deal.

When trying to export data, these comments are nowhere to be found. These are valuable information which help us as management predict results of future sales and pick-up on recurring lost reasons. 

Any chance to add these comments as a column in the table to be exported?

Thanks.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2021 #6

Hi @Mike van der Valk I am equally interested in exporting the Comments which can be manually added in the box of the lost deal.

When trying to export data, these comments are nowhere to be found. These are valuable information which help us as management predict results of future sales and pick-up on recurring lost reasons. 

Thanks.

Hi @Jean Zakka you can actually edit your deal list to add the lost reason column there and then export it all out. So this should work.

• Ricky Robinson
    Ricky Robinson Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2022 #7

Thanks.

@Mike van der Valk can I add my 2c here. The freeform notes added to lost deals by our salespeople contain a wealth of actionable feedback, but these notes cannot be exported from the Insights reports. Only the Lost Reason field can be exported, but that field contains fixed values, so it doesn't tell you much. The only way to export the notes is from Settings, but that exports all Notes within a date range, not just the Notes that were added via the Lost Deal comment box.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited June 2022 #8

Thanks.

Thanks for that extra clarification Ricky, I'm gonna make sure out product managers from insights and exporting get to see this, hopefully it can help prioritise this update but I can't personally make promises unfortunately.

• José_82426
    José_82426 Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2022 #9

Thanks.

Hi, @Mike van der Valk . Is there any update on this? thanks

• James Buckley
    James Buckley Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2022 #10

Thanks.

Hi,

Is there any update as this is the exact feature I am looking for.  Export all lost deals, including the free text 'Lost Reason Comments (Optional)' section so that we can analyse why the deal was lost in more depth than the set high level reasons.

Thanks

• Mike van der Valk
    edited July 2022 #11

Thanks.

Hi José and James, unfortunately no update on this topic :( I'm going to bring this to the attention of the team again.

• Mat33
    Mat33 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Hello.

Any update on this. It would be really useful !

Thanks

• Hello,

@Mike van der Valk Any update? More than a year has passed since the first comment.

If not, has anyone found a way to visualise all deals with these notes within Pipedrive or via an export?

Thank you very much!

• Daniel Afanasiev
    Daniel Afanasiev Member Posts: 2
    First Comment First Anniversary

Hi, I'd like to extract the comments from the "Lost Reasons" for many of the reasons stated above. Is there a way to do this by now? The quantitative "Lost" are good to have, but the salespeople's notes are the qualitative aspect that is very useful

• AndriA
    AndriA Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited February 14 #15

It would make a lot of sense to export Lost reasons together with comments. One option would be to add these comments to the deal list view, then you can export them out together. While I understand the complexity of adding a free text option as such to Insights, then a workaround that would help majority of customers would be letting them have the lost reasons also in the deal list view. Can this be considered as something to be added to the roadmap? 🙂