Types of organizations / Best practices existing ?

Cyril_23008
Cyril_23008 Member Posts: 1
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hi, 

I'm looking for the way to create different types of organization in a pipeline.

I will head for "hotels" and "harbors" in the same pipe, but the info I should provide to qualify hotels and harbors are not the same. I would not like to "pollute" the one and the other with information that only concern one type or the other (Example : For hotels, I look for the total number of nights spent, and for harbors the number of boats.).

Any good ideas ? Thanks for your advices ! 

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi @Cyril 

I would recommend you to create custom fields where you can store that type of information. Unfortunately it's not possible to hide/remove certain fields on different types of organizations. However, you could for example use the important or required fields feature in Pipdrive.

You can then for example say that a certain set of fields are important or required on one your hotel Pipeline and another set of fields is important on your Harbors Pipeline. Hope it helps check our Academy to find some more information on how these features work. 

• Alex Stueber
    Alex Stueber Member Posts: 89
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited December 2020 #3

Hi @Cyril 

I would recommend you to create custom fields where you can store that type of information. Unfortunately it's not possible to hide/remove certain fields on different types of organizations. However, you could for example use the important or required fields feature in Pipdrive.

You can then for example say that a certain set of fields are important or required on one your hotel Pipeline and another set of fields is important on your Harbors Pipeline. Hope it helps check our Academy to find some more information on how these features work. 

Indeed that's a great trick @Mike van der Valk . We use it for some large organisations that need some sort of sorting out custom fields.
     @Paul Minors have done a video about it! Really worth to check it out!

Happy Pipedays!

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited December 2020 #4

Hi @Cyril 

I also saw that video by @Paul Minors and already even shared it with our support teams, great workaround!