Goals: variation from month to month & recurring revenue & company goals

Bernd Auer
Bernd Auer Member Posts: 344
First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Hi,

Am I getting something wrong or is it not possible to set monthly goals that vary from month to month and have them in one overview? My sales team laughs at me in July when I tell them that they have the same goals as in February.

And is it not possible to set goals for recurring revenue?

And @Seda , I just learned that you can set and see the company goals just with admin (or manager) rights, not as regular user. This should be connected to the settings (permissions):

If you are allowed to see the company statistics, you should be able to see the goals too. Or even better: The admin should be able to set the company goals in order to avoid variations. Or the company goal is the result of all individual goals. 

However, a quick win would be to use the company statistic permission.

This is important because many companies pay commission on individual goals and additionally to a company goal. 

5fca6dd21537785b88ee9d09_67499.png
2 votes

Completed · Last Updated

2 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited April 2021 #2

Hi @Bernd Auer 

@Mark Langer shared similar feedback here: https://community.pipedrive.com/post/goals---track-changing-goals-throughout-the-year-5fc8af4eae92f508ec60cd57

I'm notifying our team about this feedback from the both of you!

• Seda
    Seda Posts: 85 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited February 2022 #3

Hi @Bernd Auer ! :) I am glad to let you know that the seasonality feature for goals will be introduced in Insights. We just released the first version and we will keep improving it.

• Bernd Auer
    Bernd Auer Member Posts: 344
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited December 2020 #4
    Seda said:

Hi @Bernd Auer ! :) I am glad to let you know that the seasonality feature for goals will be introduced in Insights. We just released the first version and we will keep improving it.

Hi @Seda !

good news! Thanks! :-)

And sorry, despite my happyness about the seasonality I have to ask: What about the recurring revenue? I am just about to discuss this topic with a customer. He understands that the goals are rather acutually sales orientaded and the recurring revenue is a tool for tracking the "real" revenue, but still: It would make a lot of sense too from my perspective.

• Maarten Touw
    Maarten Touw Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #5

@Seda what does the seasonality feature include?  And when can I expect to be able to use this feature?

• mlang17
    mlang17 Member Posts: 10
    Combo Breaker First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited December 2020 #6

@Seda It's great that you already said the feature was available but I cannot see it either, just like @Maarten Touw . When can we use this feature again?

To my mind, it's terrible product management on Pipedrive's side to kill the old reporting feature in favor of the insights feature while the new feature is still under development. With Pipedrive being a sales software, the goals feature counts as vital to me and many other users.

• Seda
    edited January 2021 #7

@Seda what does the seasonality feature include?  And when can I expect to be able to use this feature?

The seasonality feature will provide the ability to set different expected outcomes for different intervals. That feature will be part of Goals.

• Maarten Touw
    First Comment
    edited January 2021 #8

When can we expect to be able to use this feature?

• Seda
    edited January 2021 #9

No exact ETA, but hopefully 2021 :)

• mlang17
    edited January 2021 #10

Hello @Seda ,

can you please push the product team to address this regression sooner? We'd strongly dislike to wait for the (previously existing) seasonality feature until "hopefully some time later this year, maybe next year".

• Maarten Touw
    First Comment
    edited January 2021 #11

I also hope to be able to use this feature as soon as possible. 

• Ümit Uzun
    Ümit Uzun Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #12

I really love Pipedrive!.... But not being able to create individual goals for individual time spaces is a no go! This feature was one of the most important tools for our sales team. Now - it has simply just disappeared?! @Seda You will understand that theese times it is much more important to have this feature in order to create a "Corona Survival Plan". So please inform us, when exactly you are planning to go online with this feature again. 
    "Later this year" is too late...

• Seda
    edited February 2021 #13

I really love Pipedrive!.... But not being able to create individual goals for individual time spaces is a no go! This feature was one of the most important tools for our sales team. Now - it has simply just disappeared?! @Seda You will understand that theese times it is much more important to have this feature in order to create a "Corona Survival Plan". So please inform us, when exactly you are planning to go online with this feature again. 

Hi @Ümit Uzun!  Individual goal setting is available under the Insights section. I might not be following but if you are referring to the seasonality feature, then that feature was not available previously in Pipedrive. Can you please help me to understand what is the problem at the moment?

• mlang17
    edited February 2021 #14

Hi @Seda , to my mind, @Ümit Uzun is talking about the feature to set different goals for each month. That's actually a feature that did exist in Pipedrive before the replacement of the reports feature with insights.

That's also the feature that everyone was asking about throughout this entire thread.

• Ümit Uzun
    Ümit Uzun Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2021 #15

Yes - exactly!
    I can not find this feature anymore...

• Seda
    edited February 2021 #16

Thank you for clarification @Mark Langer . Setting different expected outcomes for different internals within the same goal was not available in Pipedrive previously. This is something we are planning to add at the moment.
    What was available before and what is also available right now with Insights is setting different expected outcomes for different internals if you have a separate goal for each internal.

• mlang17
    edited February 2021 #17

Hi @Seda Thanks for your quick reply.

Maybe you can give us a hint how to display a chart for the entire year with the different goals displayed as target lines. What I - and presumably most others here - are missing since the update is the ability to display the varying goals and the performance throughout the year. That was a fantastic report before but seems to be gone now.

Goals - but only for the duration of the goal. Where did the full-year-view go?
  • Jason Stewart_22558
    Jason Stewart_22558 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2021 #18

Yes, this is an issue not being able to put in different revenue goals for each month of the year. I'm trying to get my company to work out of Pipedrive for the most part, however, we are having to keep a spreadsheet with monthly sales goals, revenue attained, and a rolling delta to show how much hill we still need to climb.  

• Jason Stewart_22558
    Jason Stewart_22558 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2021 #19

Yes, this is an issue not being able to put in different revenue goals for each month of the year. I'm trying to get my company to work out of Pipedrive for the most part, however, we are having to keep a spreadsheet with monthly sales goals, revenue attained, and a rolling delta to show how much hill we still need to climb.  

• Diego Garcia
    Diego Garcia Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2021 #20

Hello, I completely agree with most of the comments.

I also like this tool, but one of the main features of a CRM is to track sales, and how we can follow up if we can not compare it to targets (almost nobody has the same goal month by month, quarter by quarter, total or by sales responsible)?

Thank you for doing everything possible to have this functionality as soon as possible, because in several companies I work with, they are deciding which CRM to install, and without this functionality, it will not be completely useful.

Thanks

• mlang17
    edited April 2021 #21

@Seda I hope everything is going well with you and your team.

This pressing issue has been idle for over two months now and was posted four months ago. Has Pipedrive determined a date yet when this feature will be added back?

• mlang17
    edited February 2022 #22

Good morning @Seda , I'd like to push this item back on the agenda. Is there an estimated date yet?

• Maarten Touw
    First Comment
    edited May 2021 #23

Good morning @Seda , I'd like to push this item back on the agenda. Is there an estimated date yet?

I would also like to know this.  

• Bruck
    Bruck Member Posts: 16
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2022 #24

Is complete, not usable the way goals can set. 
    - Same value for all the months of the year!
    - No way to report accumulates real and goals number!
    - No way to make a month, quarter, semester, and year view.

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,007 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Comment

Hi everyone, there's a new version of this feature! You can find all about it here.

This discussion has been closed.