Combining Partner/Partner Contact For Address Labels

Jamie Klein
Jamie Klein Member Posts: 4
First Anniversary
edited July 2022 in Workflow Automation #1

I'm a realtor and need to mail letters regularly. I usually am working with couples. I have them setup as separate contacts, linked together with a custom person field "Partner/Spouse."  Example, couple John and Jane. John has Jane's contact linked on his page, Jane has John's contact linked on her page.

I need a way for these contacts to be combined when exported (in addition to the non partner clients).

One complication could be I often have an address only in one of the two contacts.  Another is couples don't always share a last name.

One solution I thought could be to make all couples an organization and have the members be their contacts. I'm new to pipedrive, couldn't find this questions asked before. 

Comments

• Jamie Klein
    First Anniversary
    edited February 2021 #2

Not sure if we're allowed to bump posts here.  Please let me know if I need to clarify my use or anything.

• Victoria W Goins
    Victoria W Goins Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2021 #3

I am new to Pipedrive and am also a realtor. This could be a deal-breaker for me in choosing a different system. I'm only on day 2 of a trial use, and I've already hit this same snag that you mention, Jamie, when trying to do a mailing and handling spouses/partners. Hope we get an answer soon!

• Jamie Klein
    First Anniversary
    edited May 2021 #4

This is still an issue I'm looking for help with. Any suggestions or if a zap would work or an automation?