Leads creates organisation and person if I have decided not to use them

Martin Pecha_2338
Martin Pecha_2338 Member Posts: 146
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Comment
edited July 2023 in Sales CRM #1

I have noticed, that when a lead is created and I decide, that it is irrelevant or I do not want to convert it to a deal, the person is still saved to PD as well as organization. 

Is this a bug or feature? I would expect, that after a do a decision, that lead is relevant, after then, I will save it to my PD.

Thus there should be two buttons - convert to deal, save it to PD. Otherwise, it would pile a lot of dirty contacts in my database?

Tagged:

Comments

• Clarissa Silvino
    Clarissa Silvino Pipedrive Team Posts: 80 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited February 2022 #2

Hey @Martin Pecha, thank you for reaching - this is Clarissa from the Support Management team.

I believe for the moment it is an expected behaviour as it is mandatory to have a contact attached to leads for the moment. Nonetheless, it is an excellent feedback and I'll make sure to pass it to our product team. Unfortunately, we do not develop or change features on demand, we share feedback with the Product Managers and after an extensive investigation, they assess if it is something that should be implemented or not, taking into consideration our users.

• Martin Pecha_2338
    Martin Pecha_2338 Member Posts: 146
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Comment
    edited December 2020 #3

Hey @Martin Pecha, thank you for reaching - this is Clarissa from the Support Management team.

I believe for the moment it is an expected behaviour as it is mandatory to have a contact attached to leads for the moment. Nonetheless, it is an excellent feedback and I'll make sure to pass it to our product team. Unfortunately, we do not develop or change features on demand, we share feedback with the Product Managers and after an extensive investigation, they assess if it is something that should be implemented or not, taking into consideration our users.

Thanks for reaching so fast, I totally understand. I am solving the case when I have some lead generated database from outside, where I do not know, if all contacts are relevant (I do not need some barber in IT database etc.)

Same issue might be with web form collecting. Sometimes irrelevant leads are generated, thus also person and organisation. That increases manual costs to maintain database structured.

• Clarissa Silvino
    Clarissa Silvino Pipedrive Team Posts: 80 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited December 2020 #4

Of course, Martin, it's our pleasure to help.

Thank you for the detailed explanation, Martin, personally it makes totally sense and I really hope this can be improved soon. I'll add the information in regards of the webforms for our team too. :)