Move deal automatically to another stage when activity is overdue

Options
Absalon
Absalon Member Posts: 1

Hi guys

We would like to know if any of you have any experince setting up an automation as this:

"Move deal automatically to another stage when activity is overdue"

This is our current setup in a pipeline:

Stage:     write proposal  --> proposal sent                                                                 --> follow up on proposal

Activity:  send proposal  --> follow up on proposal (note from get accept) --> follow up on proposal   

As for now, we have to manually move it to from "proposal send" to "follow up on proposal" 

We would like that when the activity "follow up on proposal (note from get accept)" in stage "proposal sent" is overdue with one day, that it is automatically moved to the stage "follow up on proposal" 

Is this possible? 

Comments

• Dominique Hoogsteder_22412
    Dominique Hoogsteder_22412 Member Posts: 15
    edited December 2020 #2
    Options

Hey! Everything is possible

Zapier opens doors but if things are not that easy people ask us to do this over API. A more solid way to automate your workflow after its a proven succes. 

If you are open we are happy to look at this.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

@Absalon as @Dominique Hoogsteder suggests Zapier is a way to go. Currently we can't do this in Pipedrive. We are working on improving our date/time functionality so that something like this would be possible in the future by the way.

• Victor_26599
    Victor_26599 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #4
    Options

I don't want to presume too much, especially since I am not a professional programmer nor am I fully aware of the internal workings of Pipedrive. Unfortunately I keep running into problems like this which are frankly mind boggling that they are unaddressed. 

I see all these fancy things with even fancier price tags have been added. The lead prospector looks amazing for example. Unfortunately I feel you are focusing very heavily on up selling existing users while competitors are catching up to you in the basic functionality they offer. 

The overdue activity is something which needs actioned, when an activity becomes overdue Pipedrive already alters an internal variable separate from date and time, making automated changes... To the appearance of the program for example. As it stands, you already have some fairly sophisticated automation tools. Especially the activity marked as done automation, I can't imagine the fork from this would have to be overly dramatic in order to provide at least basic overdue automation functionality.

Pipedrive stands to gain a HUGE amount from developing this. It allows resourceful users to work around the lack of full date and time functionality by setting activities due in e.g. One Day, letting the time bleed out and using the automation to auto complete the task as soon as its overdue. I'm talking FULL, seamless, email automation; campaign, sequence and individual, no third party apps, suitable for all kinds of email marketing, even medium-large scale, all from your personal work email. The time zone setting would allow for time customization to the hour as well. 

That's your date and time functionality there, you must have very similar existing code, you must have the trigger variable. Sure, it's not user friendly enough to be marketable in a traditional manner, but just pay a couple of partners to do a "work around" video tutorial and write a couple of blog posts, let network effect take hold. I'm in a community of 1000 people paying 20 quid per month for Gmass largely because Pipedrive's automation can't handle a feature like this. Hey, it's cheaper then paying 20-49 for Zapier. These people would take a price rise on the chin, as would I, for this one, simple feature. We'd be saving money on loosely integrated 3rd party programs. 

I mentioned in my last post on the community (and I must be coming across as quite a negative guy at this point :/ ) but before attaching all these flashy features, please focus on the little things, as you can see, they can have a huge effects. 

TL;DR Low Investment and High Reward update, action promptly for more users.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited June 2021 #5
    Options
    Victor said:

I don't want to presume too much, especially since I am not a professional programmer nor am I fully aware of the internal workings of Pipedrive. Unfortunately I keep running into problems like this which are frankly mind boggling that they are unaddressed. 

I see all these fancy things with even fancier price tags have been added. The lead prospector looks amazing for example. Unfortunately I feel you are focusing very heavily on up selling existing users while competitors are catching up to you in the basic functionality they offer. 

The overdue activity is something which needs actioned, when an activity becomes overdue Pipedrive already alters an internal variable separate from date and time, making automated changes... To the appearance of the program for example. As it stands, you already have some fairly sophisticated automation tools. Especially the activity marked as done automation, I can't imagine the fork from this would have to be overly dramatic in order to provide at least basic overdue automation functionality.

Pipedrive stands to gain a HUGE amount from developing this. It allows resourceful users to work around the lack of full date and time functionality by setting activities due in e.g. One Day, letting the time bleed out and using the automation to auto complete the task as soon as its overdue. I'm talking FULL, seamless, email automation; campaign, sequence and individual, no third party apps, suitable for all kinds of email marketing, even medium-large scale, all from your personal work email. The time zone setting would allow for time customization to the hour as well. 

That's your date and time functionality there, you must have very similar existing code, you must have the trigger variable. Sure, it's not user friendly enough to be marketable in a traditional manner, but just pay a couple of partners to do a "work around" video tutorial and write a couple of blog posts, let network effect take hold. I'm in a community of 1000 people paying 20 quid per month for Gmass largely because Pipedrive's automation can't handle a feature like this. Hey, it's cheaper then paying 20-49 for Zapier. These people would take a price rise on the chin, as would I, for this one, simple feature. We'd be saving money on loosely integrated 3rd party programs. 

I mentioned in my last post on the community (and I must be coming across as quite a negative guy at this point :/ ) but before attaching all these flashy features, please focus on the little things, as you can see, they can have a huge effects. 

TL;DR Low Investment and High Reward update, action promptly for more users.

Hi @Victor 

Thank you for your contribution. I've internally passed this on to our workflow team as well. And don't worry, we don't think you're negative, we see your passion in improving Pipedrive like ourselves.

I can tell you this is one of the main things on our workflow roadmap. Triggers based on time/dates so also with overdue activities is something we aim to do.

I'm sure our message here will be well received by our workflow team and I hope we don't have to wait too long anymore for this update :) 

• Hossein Mohsenian_8278
    Hossein Mohsenian_8278 Member Posts: 78
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    edited April 2021 #6
    Options

@Absalon as @Dominique Hoogsteder suggests Zapier is a way to go. Currently we can't do this in Pipedrive. We are working on improving our date/time functionality so that something like this would be possible in the future by the way.

@Mike van der Valk 

Good day Mike, along with this, if a deal has been sit in a stage for X number of days, can it be pushed to the next stage on day X+1? Is this available in any of your packages? 

Zapier seems to be a good option as you and  @Dominique Hoogsteder mentioned, however if now the number of Zaps might go beyond your starter package, then  just because of this you need to go for a more advanced package in Zapier. Let's pray Pipedrive gets this feature as soon as possible, so the $ could go to Pipedrive instead as we may need yo upgrade to Pipedrive Professional package.

@Absalon

• Michelle Hoffmann
    Michelle Hoffmann Member Posts: 2
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Options

I'm also looking to create an automation based on when an activity is overdue.

Specifically, we'd like to delete or mark the overdue activity as done once it is more than a week old (I realize this isn't useful for a lot of people). However, any automation based on whether the activity is overdue or not should be useful to other users.

Is this already possible and I'm just missing it in the automation workflow area?

• Tomer Magal
    Tomer Magal Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment First Anniversary
    Options

Hi, any news about this basic feature???

Can't I build an automation to send notification when activity is overdue?

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Options

You can build an automation to do this using Make.