What are your tips for "subscription deals"?

Andrew Zolotovskovs
Andrew Zolotovskovs Member Posts: 2
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

We're selling subscriptions to our services. Subscription starts with the deal is won. What's the best way to set this up? Is there a video/article for this kind of setup?

1. Is there a "subscription product"? It seems that products are made to be one-offs.
  2. There's a subscription feature in deals, but it has a "start date", which I don't know until the deal is won.

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi @Andrew Zolotovskovs 

One thing I can suggest in this case is to still manually create subscription products so you can track the value and potential of your deals before they are closed.

Once they close you can use the subscription feature to properly log it on the right start date.

• Andrew Zolotovskovs
    Andrew Zolotovskovs Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2020 #3

Hi @Andrew Zolotovskovs 

One thing I can suggest in this case is to still manually create subscription products so you can track the value and potential of your deals before they are closed.

Once they close you can use the subscription feature to properly log it on the right start date.

Thank you for your input.

Just to verify and clarify - "manually create subscription products" - that's just a regular product, right? There's no special feature to have it as a "subscription" or a "lifetime value"?

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited December 2020 #4

Hi @Andrew Zolotovskovs 

Yep sorry it's a regular product that you can give that name @Andrew Zolotovskovs