Reporting missing all our features - the reason we bought pipedrive in thte first place.

Eden Brownlee
Eden Brownlee Member Posts: 17
First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic

I am a bit frustrated here and as a long time user of PD, I would like a call with a product manager of Pipedrive if possible.

The existing Reporting Dashboard has now been removed entirely, and 'insights' is in its place.

In my previous thread we were promised by several product managers that all the features of the dashboard would be in the insights tool easy to use, however they are not.

Now i contact support about this, I get told that "Sorry dashboard is now depreciated and cannot be accessed", and "We will send that as a feature request, but we cannot guarantee anything".

This is akin to a sales bait and switch where i buy a product for a particular feature, and now it gets switched to something else and I lose some of the features and ease of use I had originally purchased the software for.

It is no longer possible for me to easily work with the reports dashboard like I could before, costing me time in being able to easily review my figures each month... and costing our team who now have to be trained on how to compare figures and reports and see waht they need.

One of the most basic features missing, is that the single number reports (like sales this month) used to be clickable to see that info, but now i cant do that. I have to add dozens of tables to my report to achieve that which is messy and ridiculous.

It used to show comparative up or down trends simply and easily on those numbers... it now does not... meaning I have to add all these extra figures to my report and explain to staff how to cross Compare figures to see what's going on. Switching date messes this up and comparing month on month becomes a nightmare

You have taken a report that was simple, and fairly well designed, and implemented something that is flexible but not easy to visualise and impracticable for comparing simple periods of data. 

I would like this fixed please.

On a side note (punny)
The side menu, seems like a completely pointless shift, on a widescreen (which is most screens, one must travel all the way across the screen thought whitespace to get to menu items we need to access to constantly...  a seemingly pointless menu change for us to get used to, which increases the mouse movement required to do tasks. From a usability perspective... i feel its much worse.

Please note: I like where you are going with insights, but I was promised that I would be able to offer the same quality of report as the old dashboard, i cannot, i can only create a big ugly display of data that does not seem refined and easily comparable to previous periods like the old reporting setup.

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Seda
    Seda Posts: 85 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited December 2020 #2

Hi 

As always, thank you for sharing your concerns with us. As I proposed in your earlier post, I'd happy to have a call with you. I am still up for a call and could do it at the beginning of next year.

Regarding the feedback points:

• "One of the most basic features missing, is that the single number reports (like sales this month) used to be clickable to see that info" - yes, right now you have to open a report detail view to access data behind your report, but I am happy to let you know that opening list view directly from the dashboard view is already planned for development. I fully agree with you that in Sales, it is critical to see the actual data behind the results and access it immediately.
    • "It used to show comparative up or down trends simply and easily on those numbers" - I am sorry for this inconvenience, but you are correct. Right now if you want to compare different results for different years then you have to create overtime reports. Nevertheless, being able to see trends on the dashboard is also already planned for Insights development.

Our purpose with Insights is to provide you with more freedom and capabilities to create and track reports that your company needs. Even though old reports were simple, it was not possible to filter them, use custom fields, view results by different data sets, and so on. So your freedom was very limited. I completely understand your frustration and I'm truly sorry for the inconveniences. Insights is indeed not perfect yet and we are working hard to keep making it better with every release. As I mentioned both of your points mentioned are already planned for development.

If you want, here is a couple of things that we can do for you:

• If you have not set a dashboard according to your needs then we can reset it to the default view. Default view looks like this - https://sharing.pipedrive.com/2QhyTK
    • We can turn the old statistics back for you but only until the end of this year.

Let me know your thoughts.

You have very valid and constructive feedback points and as I mentioned, I am always happy to have a call with you to hear how we can make Insights better for you and other customers.

• Eden Brownlee
    edited December 2020 #3

Hi, im not sure the default view will really help. Can you please enable the dashboard for my account asap.

I am a bit frustrated here, its like your trying to force us to upgrade to get access to the same features we bought the software for in the first place. 

I dont want to have to create multiple dashboarsd to compare the same data in varying intervals. i do simply want the same functionality as i had from the start. We  now cant run our weekly meetings because of this without messing around with these dashboards in complex ways, very inconvienent.

• Vladimir Dubakin
    Vladimir Dubakin Posts: 60
    edited February 2022 #4

@Eden Brownlee 

Thank you for the feedback.

Have you considered just creating reports that you need for the meeting, adding them to dashboard and then just using the reports to show you the data during the meeting?

Then you will just use pre-configured reports and no need to switch between any filters during the meeting.

I have activated the old navigation and the reports but only until the end of the year for you (for next 8 days).

I hope that within this time you will be able to re-create the reports and get adjusted to using the insights.

Have a great day ahead,

Kind regards

Vladimir

• Eden Brownlee
    edited January 2021 #5

@Eden Brownlee 

Have you considered just creating reports that you need for the meeting, adding them to dashboard and then just using the reports to show you the data during the meeting?

Then you will just use pre-configured reports and no need to switch between any filters during the meeting.

I have activated the old navigation and the reports but only until the end of the year for you (for next 8 days).

I hope that within this time you will be able to re-create the reports and get adjusted to using the insights.

Have a great day ahead,

Kind regards

Vladimir

Hi Vladimir,

Yes i have considered this, however, what you are asking me to do requires me to upgrade my account for this feature to add multiple reports, so i have to pay money for features that i already had previously that have been taken away from me. Not to mention I have to pay this amount for for ALL users, even though only 1 person in management use this tool.

I am now wondering what kind of compensation is pipedrive going to offer me now im paying or something that does offer the same level of features that I had when i signed up?

This is my major issue with this current 'insights' it is less useful and now I have to pay for it to make it more useful not to mention i have to pay for it for all members of my team, even those who don't use it... im feeling quite disillusioned with this upgrade to insights.

• Vladimir Dubakin
    edited January 2021 #6

@Eden Brownlee 

Have a great day ahead,

Kind regards

Vladimir

I am sorry to hear you feel this way, Eden!

But once again, can we clarify what you mean by:

1. "to upgrade my account for this feature to add multiple reports" - you can add many, many reports to one dashboard - up to 25 reports.
    2. I am sorry for misunderstanding - I have not encouraged you to upgrade the plan, in fact, the opposite - I am trying to explain that you can still add custom fields into insights: on any plan https://sharing.pipedrive.com/hoUkNu
    3. As advised previously - Insights have way more features than old reports, just different approach. And I am certain that if you reach out to support and explain what reports you need exactly - our reps will help reproducing them.

Kind regards,

Vladimir

• Eden Brownlee
    edited January 2021 #7

@Eden Brownlee 

Have a great day ahead,

Kind regards

Vladimir

Hi Vladimir, seems then there is something wrong with my account... as i cannot add custom fields at all into insights per below

Also, sorry i thought you meant adding multiple dashabords... which i cannot do either, yes i can of course add multiple reports.... however this is really not an elegant way to solve my problem at all. the system is still not what i had access to in the old reporting dashboard. insights has changed a little since my last play i will have another shot n see what else i can come up with, it would be nice however to get access to custom fields considering i dont have that but all other users seem to.

• Vladimir Dubakin
    edited January 2021 #8

@Eden Brownlee 

Have a great day ahead,

Kind regards

Vladimir

Thank you for the detailed reply, Eden,

Happy new year! Hope it brings prosperity and success to you!!!

If you are trying to add custom fields here (to a table) -

And that does not work - will you be kind enough please to reach out to our support to troubleshoot it?

Just wanted to once again stress that indeed, custom reports can be created on professional plan (which was not possible at all with old reports), but you can still add custom fields to list view, sort the table by these fields as well.

I do understand that the reports have changed from the old dashboards indeed, but hope you can find a way to use Insights together.

And thank you once again for your kind patience!

Kind regards