Custom field needed to capture new organization name for a landing page

Options
Alex Giess
Alex Giess Member Posts: 16
First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
edited July 2023 in Sales CRM #1

I have a developer that tells me I need to create a new custom field just to capture a new organization name when using a form on a landing page. It doesn’t make sense to me...Why can’t this information be saved in the existing field?

and if it can’t  I will get 2 fields for organizations....

Tagged:

Comments

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 845
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2020 #2
    Options

Hey Alex,

Your right -- That does not make sense.

You can use the standard 'name' field on the organization to either match against one or create a new one if one does not exist.

• Brad Krause_13404
    Brad Krause_13404 Member Posts: 373
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2020 #3
    Options

If you remember, follow up and let us know how this turned out. What crossed my mind was a situation we deal with in certain cases with deals. We added a 'site name' to deal details because sometimes we have situations where the organization is the property management company but the deal has a site name specific to an apartment complex or maybe a condominium association that is professionally managed. So we need the name of the site on the deal but it wouldn't work to have that site name as the organization.  I wonder if you could be dealing with something similar. 

• Alex Giess
    Alex Giess Member Posts: 16
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #4
    Options

thanks @Boris Tsibelman for confirming my intuition

Befire I go back to the developer could @Inês Batata or @Mike van der Valk point me to where in the developer API documentation it says you can create a organisation along a contact ? 

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited January 2021 #5
    Options

thanks @Boris Tsibelman for confirming my intuition

Befire I go back to the developer could @Inês Batata or @Mike van der Valk point me to where in the developer API documentation it says you can create a organisation along a contact ? 

Hi @Alex Giess your developer can use our API docs: https://developers.pipedrive.com/docs/api/v1/

There they can first create an organization with all it's details. Then when adding a new person they can link the newly created org to it.