Sales Process: Linking Email 'Threads' to Deals - Pipedrive as a source of truth for email/Customer

Eli Glanz
Eli Glanz Member Posts: 49
5 Up Votes Photogenic First Comment First Anniversary

Emails in Pipedrive is quite the hassle for us.

• Smart Bcc / Automatic Linking Does not work if you have more than one deal for a Person - which we always do...
  • Using Email directly in Pipedrive is really lacking - We cannot expect our salespeople and other users to shift away from Gmail or Outlook.

This presents a problem if we want our email threads to be linked to specific deals and use Pipedrive as a source of truth when it comes to communication with our customers.

There are 2 Options

1. For each new thread, Go to Pipedrive Inbox > Find the email thread > Manually link the thread to a specific deal. (Awesome!)
  2. For every single email you send, add the Deal Bcc address you want to link it to. (Highly convenient and we can definitely expect everyone to follow the process...)

Option 1 isn't much of an option, nor is Option 2 - and with option 2 you won't even see the customers responses in the deal, not can you respond in the deal to the Bcc'd thread, it's static - sooo, not very helpful.

I see 3 Possible solutions

1. Better smart Bcc which will do a better job linking emails to deals by parsing the email subject and body (might be far fetched)
  2. If I Bcc an email thread once, It should link the ENTIRE THREAD to the deal - it should act as if I manually linked the deal. This is possible as pipedrive has access to your inbox which means It knows the thread you added the Bcc to and the API has a simple 'Link to thread' endpoint.
  3. Create a clean Gmail and Outlook extension/add-on to Link an email thread to a deal Just like we have with the sidebar in the Pipedrive email Inbox.

Happy New Year!

2 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi @Eli Glanz 

Thank you for taking the time to write here and suggest improvements for the email features in Pipedrive. I've immediately forwarded your post to our team working on the email section in Pipedrive.

Hopefully we can work on some of your suggestions and improve this behaviour in the future for all our users. Thanks again for taking the time, we appreciate it!

• Eli Glanz
    Eli Glanz Member Posts: 49
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Comment First Anniversary
    edited November 2021 #3

Hi @Eli Glanz 

Thank you for taking the time to write here and suggest improvements for the email features in Pipedrive. I've immediately forwarded your post to our team working on the email section in Pipedrive.

Hopefully we can work on some of your suggestions and improve this behaviour in the future for all our users. Thanks again for taking the time, we appreciate it!

Thank you!

• Alessandro Giannone
    Alessandro Giannone Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2022 #4

Any updates on this? Linking emails to a deal is really cumbersome. The Gmail add-on could just have a Link to Deal feature, would make life infinitely easier. Thanks

• Jonny
    Jonny Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 2022 #5

@Mike van der Valk We are having this issue and it is a significant one. The email correspondence we are having with contact persons under a deal are not automatically showing up in the activity thread under the 'Deal'; we have to click on the actual person to find the correspondence. Is there a way of linking everything together between a contact person and a 'Deal'?? Has the team made progress since this issue was first flagged earlier last year?