Sales Process: Linking Email 'Threads' to Deals - Pipedrive as a source of truth for email/Customer
Emails in Pipedrive is quite the hassle for us.
- Smart Bcc / Automatic Linking Does not work if you have more than one deal for a Person - which we always do...
- Using Email directly in Pipedrive is really lacking - We cannot expect our salespeople and other users to shift away from Gmail or Outlook.
This presents a problem if we want our email threads to be linked to specific deals and use Pipedrive as a source of truth when it comes to communication with our customers.
There are 2 Options
- For each new thread, Go to Pipedrive Inbox > Find the email thread > Manually link the thread to a specific deal. (Awesome!)
- For every single email you send, add the Deal Bcc address you want to link it to. (Highly convenient and we can definitely expect everyone to follow the process...)
Option 1 isn't much of an option, nor is Option 2 - and with option 2 you won't even see the customers responses in the deal, not can you respond in the deal to the Bcc'd thread, it's static - sooo, not very helpful.
I see 3 Possible solutions
- Better smart Bcc which will do a better job linking emails to deals by parsing the email subject and body (might be far fetched)
- If I Bcc an email thread once, It should link the ENTIRE THREAD to the deal - it should act as if I manually linked the deal. This is possible as pipedrive has access to your inbox which means It knows the thread you added the Bcc to and the API has a simple 'Link to thread' endpoint.
- Create a clean Gmail and Outlook extension/add-on to Link an email thread to a deal Just like we have with the sidebar in the Pipedrive email Inbox.
Happy New Year!