"Person type fields have been mapped but the required field is missing. To continue import, map Pers

Ryan Guay
Ryan Guay Member Posts: 1
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Trying to upload a list of organizations, and was hoping to add the contacts later. So i keep getting this message when uploading an excel file

Person type fields have been mapped but the required field is missing. To continue import, map Person - First name or remove person type fields.

Tagged:

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited June 2022 #2

Hi @Ryan Guay 

This means that somewhere in the mapping you did map a person type of field and therefore it's looking for the name to link it to. Be sure to skip your list and remove all person mapping.

If you can't figure it out please reach out to our support team via the in-app chat or support@pipedrive.com so they can guide you. Good luck!

• Ivor
    Ivor Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2021 #3

Had the same issue and the reply just seemed to tell me what the problem was and not a solution.  

What i think the issue is that there are blank fields in the import file and the system does not like fields with nothing in them.  I had some with blanks that i would have liked to upload.

So u either populate all rows in ur import file (just fill in any value), or delete those columns in your import file to me is the answer that you were looking for.

Ideally the system should allow u to import the fields and have some them blank?

best regards 

• Doris
    Doris Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2022 #4

Hi @Ryan Guay 

This means that somewhere in the mapping you did map a person type of field and therefore it's looking for the name to link it to. Be sure to skip your list and remove all person mapping.

If you can't figure it out please reach out to our support team via the in-app chat or support@pipedrive.com so they can guide you. Good luck!

Yes but how do you Remove all person mapping?

• Tibor Liktor
    Tibor Liktor Member Posts: 6
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited April 2022 #5

Ryan Guay and Ivor, I managed to jump over this obstacle  by changing the "Name" in the right-hand column from "Name- Organization" to "Name - Product." Observe the tiny icon next to "Name" . 
    Very tricky! Hope this helps

• Rogera Toussaint-Michel
    Rogera Toussaint-Michel Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2022 #6
    1. Look for the person-first name field on the left
    2. Hover over the field to delete it by clicking the x
  • Samo Jurdik
    Samo Jurdik Member Posts: 24
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment

But this adds the imported fields as new products... I just need to import a list of emails... no way to do it. This is why I have to keep reverting back to Mailchimp and can't stick with pipedrive campaings.

• Umbrello
    Umbrello Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment

I have a very subtle fix to a problem that I encountered along these lines. I couldn't not figure out where I was mapping a "Person type field.' The "person type field" I was mapping was "LEAD - OWNER" in which that "Person" is me. 😅 I deleted that column and everything worked smoothly.