How do you bulk delete contacts? I am trying to cleanse my database. Suggestions welcome.

Options
Judy Randon
Judy Randon Member Posts: 5
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Comments

• Zena Markham
    Zena Markham Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

If you create a filter that includes only contacts you want to delete and then you can do a bulk delete by selecting all of the contacts and clicking the bin at the top of the page

• Judy Randon
    edited January 2021 #3
    Options

If you create a filter that includes only contacts you want to delete and then you can do a bulk delete by selecting all of the contacts and clicking the bin at the top of the page

Thank you Zena - I will try that

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited January 2021 #4
    Options

Be sure to note that if you're not an Admin user you might not have the rights to delete contacts @Judy Randon 

• Judy Randon
    edited January 2021 #5
    Options

Thank you Mike and  yes - it is frustrating as I am not an admin. We are part of a franchise using the platform so am trying to see if there is a way around it so confidentiality can be maintained as I don't need to see or manage other franchises contacts - just mine!

Do you know if this is possible?

• Judy Randon
    edited January 2021 #6
    Options

@Mike van der Valk 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 2021 #7
    Options

You'd have to ask your admin to give you the permission to delete contacts @Judy Randon 

• Judy Randon
    edited January 2021 #8
    Options

If I was an admin, could that be just for my own account or would it open admin access to all other accounts within the overall Pipedrive account @Mike van der Valk  as per my previous query?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 2021 #9
    Options

Hi @Judy Randon 

All admins can by default delete items. A user can be set Admin by other Admins (the first will be the creator of the account) via the settings like explained here.

Each individual user can be either admin or not. Other permissions (like the permission to delete) can be set per user as well. Learn more about that here.

So either they make you an admin and you can do it, or they give your user the permission to do this. This won't affect other users.

• Jake Kushner
    Jake Kushner Member Posts: 9
    First Comment
    edited May 2022 #10
    Options

Seems like the delete bin button has been deleted! Can't see it anymore as an option when bulk selecting contacts either in normal list or in a filtered view. Why must we click into each contact and manually press delete and confirm? I'm the superadmin of my account who set it up (and right now the only user :P) so it's not a permissions thing.