Mass Create Deals from Leads/Contacts.

Options
Geeshan Subasingha
Geeshan Subasingha Member Posts: 2

We need the ability to mass create deals from the lead list. It's impractical to create each deal one at a time, specially for our outbound telemarketers, they need to be able to quickly add all leads assigned to them as a deal, and work through calling them.

Comments

• David Zahn
    David Zahn Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2021 #2
    Options

Hi Geeshan,

we can connect nearly every service you want with your pipedrive. Mass import from Excel or Google Sheets, auto assignments, automated mails with data from your deals or contacts etc.

Drop me a message, we process thousands of datasets every day. d.zahn@i-fin.de

• Geeshan Subasingha
    Geeshan Subasingha Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2021 #3
    Options

Hi David,

We want the built in prospector feature to be able to mass import the contacts as deals.  That functionality is not present in pipedrive. I am aware you can use excel to import, but theres nothing built in natively for a native integration (prospector)

• David Zahn
    David Zahn Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2021 #4
    Options

Ah, i see. I guess they don´t want this to happen to avoid mass/spam mailing by bots. The only way is to check if there is an API for prospector, but i think it is not. 

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited January 2021 #5
    Options

Hi @Geeshan Subasingha 

I'll pass it on to our team. Can you tell me why you prefer to have them as deals and not as leads? I assume they aren't qualified yet?

• Maurice Williams
    Maurice Williams Member Posts: 10
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited February 2022 #6
    Options

+1 for the ability to bulk-create deals from leads.

@Mike van der Valk my use case is that my company does a lot of out-bound marketing (specifically cold calling). Right now the plan is to import cold-call results from Excel back into Pipedrive to create Deals where needed, but being able to filter the leads.. select all results and convert them into a deal without having to re-import with Excel would be really great.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 2021 #7
    Options

@Mike van der Valk my use case is that my company does a lot of out-bound marketing (specifically cold calling). Right now the plan is to import cold-call results from Excel back into Pipedrive to create Deals where needed, but being able to filter the leads.. select all results and convert them into a deal without having to re-import with Excel would be really great.

@Maurice Williams okay so I understand that not after every cold call a lead is updated to deal or removed but it happens in one go based on a spreadsheet? Thanks for your input, passing it on to the team as well.

• Maurice Williams
    Maurice Williams Member Posts: 10
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited January 2021 #8
    Options

Yup, that is correct.

We re-import a spreadsheet (with the Person ID) to update the lead. We either create a new activity to record the outcome of the call ("called - no answer", "called - not interested", etc ) as well as create new deals for those that are interested. 

This is not ideal since it still involves spreadsheets. But since we can create new deals and activities via import, Pipedrive is still up to date with all the information.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 2021 #9
    Options

Gotcha, I've passed it on @Maurice Williams in the meantime perhaps updating the lead one by one directly after a call is made and the lead is qualified or not could work as well but it will be more manual work unfortunately.