Duplication's feature improvement request

Options
Tom Chapman
Tom Chapman Member Posts: 14
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

Any likelihood of developing the duplicate contacts/companies feature to perform "fuzzy" searches and/or for the user to define which fields PD looks for duplicates?

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Tom Chapman !

To change the duplicate detection rules in your account, have an Admin user reach out to our Support team and let them know what the new rules should be; they will implement them for you going forward. 🚀

What do you mean by "fuzzy searches" ?

• Tom Chapman
    edited February 2021 #3
    Options

Hi @Tom Chapman !

To change the duplicate detection rules in your account, have an Admin user reach out to our Support team and let them know what the new rules should be; they will implement them for you going forward. 🚀

Hi @Inês Batata 

Thanks i will do this.  "fuzzy searches" mean instead of searching for something exactly (an address for example) we could have PD search for duplicates that are "similar to" the address .

For example at the moment if I had two organisations in PD like below:-

CALA Homes                 CALA Homes

6 Ascot Close               6 Ascot Close

Lichfield                         Lichfield

WS14 9XX                       Staffordshire

WS14 9XX

your duplicate search would not detect it.

• Zach Mitton
    Zach Mitton Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2021 #4
    Options

Hi @Tom Chapman !

Fuzzy is often helpful for contact names as well.

I regularly go through my lists and shorten full-first names to the more common informal ones to make my templates seem more personal.

Michael Jenkins > Mike Jenkins,  Thomas Smith > Tom Smith, etc. 

Right now the current detection rules wouldn't detect duplicates.

• Alberto Misrachi_37976
    Alberto Misrachi_37976 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2021 #5
    Options

New at Pipedrive and I finally found my one and only CRM. Happy. 

But the merge module is not nice, dedupe.ly is beautiful (I do not know this guys) Pipedrive should merge with dedupe.ly. 

But then again, I am new at pipedrive what do I know. 

I do have 2k duplicates that bother me and having to pay extra 30 for the merge. +exchange Greetings all

• Ryan Bozeman
    Ryan Bozeman Member Posts: 12
    First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper Integration Partner
    Options

Hey @Tom Chapman,

Yes, this would be a huge improvement over the current system. Hopefully it will be in the pipeline in the near future :). I believe that Pipedrive identifies duplicates using exact match for the Name + one of the phone number, email, and company. So that is great for catching baseline duplicates but will still miss many, especially if you rely on customers to enter their own data into forms.

Also just wanted to mention that Insycle (and full disclosure, I work for them) could help with this. You can use fuzzy matching for any field in your Pipedrive database for the object that you are deduplicating. Also some more advanced controls for matching, such as ignoring company suffixes, white spaces, numbers, symbols, etc. that can help you to identify and merge more duplicates. Along with this, Insycle has advanced data retention features for the resulting master record, so you can set rules for how data is retained on a field-by-field basis.

Hope that helps. I know this is an older thread but wanted to pop in here in case other people are running into the same problem.

Best,

Ryan

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,531
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    Options

I have many clients using Dedupely successfully for deduplication.

• Tom Chapman
    Options

Thanks @Ryan Bozeman i am using Incycle but it’s not successfully detecting duplicates. Not sure I have it set up correctly. Can you help?

• Ryan Bozeman
    Ryan Bozeman Member Posts: 12
    First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper Integration Partner
    Options

Hey @Tom Chapman Absolutely, shoot me DM here or email at ryan@insycle.com and I'd be happy to set you up with a training to walk you through it!

Ryan