Managing automations for my team

Options
Fredrik Holmén
Fredrik Holmén Member Posts: 3
edited April 24 in Workflow Automation #1

I'm the technical and process lead for our sales team. As such I need to setup automations for all our sales reps. 

One use case is that when a lead is converted to a deal an email should go out from the sales rep that converted the lead to a deal from the lead inbox.

Due to today's security restrictions each sales rep has to set up their own automation. This assumes that they have the time and skills to do that. Or I need to log in as them to do it which renders the security restriction useless.

As a team manager I want to create and edit automations for my team. As a team member I should accept an automation that will use my synced email.

Accepting that there is a security restriction for now I would like to at least be able to see the logic of my team members automations so that I can understand what's going on and going wrong.

It would also be nice if my team members could copy my automations to avoid setup errors. 

I would love to get some ideas how to manage this in the interim with a growing team of decentralized sales reps.

Comments

• Brad Krause_13404
    Brad Krause_13404 Member Posts: 373
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2021 #2
    Options

I'm in a similar position. We are not currently using automations to send emails out to prospects or clients but internally we use automated emails for notifications of actions, etc. Those are currently all set up under my account so all the email notifications come from my email address. So in the subject of any of those emails I always start it with: Automation : (subject)

So people can distinguish that its an automated pipedrive message rather than one from me. 

But that doesn't solve your problem of sending messages to prospects. 

• lucasmx
    lucasmx Member Posts: 18
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

I'm using Integromat to setup notifications automations. Honestly Pipedrive automations is very limited in many cases. With Integromat I can setup a custom e-mail sender (within my domain) over a SMTP provider (in my case Mailgun) across multiple kind of triggers. I just need my account API address. 

Integromat also supports exporting/importing automations. Although it is a little bit more complicated than  Pipedrive automations. 

Like>

When a deal is started, when a deal is moved to a specific stage, when a deal is lost or won, when some activity is created to someone else, when some deal info is missing, etc..

• Fredrik Holmén
    Fredrik Holmén Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2021 #4
    Options

I'm using Integromat to setup notifications automations. Honestly Pipedrive automations is very limited in many cases. With Integromat I can setup a custom e-mail sender (within my domain) over a SMTP provider (in my case Mailgun) across multiple kind of triggers. I just need my account API address. 

Integromat also supports exporting/importing automations. Although it is a little bit more complicated than  Pipedrive automations. 

Like>

When a deal is started, when a deal is moved to a specific stage, when a deal is lost or won, when some activity is created to someone else, when some deal info is missing, etc..

Nice, I will try that out. Have you also tried Zapier?

• lucasmx
    lucasmx Member Posts: 18
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited January 2021 #5
    Options

Like>

Yes, in most cases I think it will work as the same as Integromat. I prefeer to use Integromat because I enjoy more the interface (I can create more complex automations) and also the pricing is more flexible

This is my Integromat deeal automation (triggers for every new deal change and then it filters the change type to its final destination)

This discussion has been closed.