Account Mgmt

Rory Byrne
Rory Byrne Member Posts: 1
edited July 2023 in Sales CRM #1

Hi Guys, 

We sell to distributors and end users, and have two separate pipedrives for these. With regards the distributors, is there a way to input a sale, keep the deal open and then let the amount return to $0. as the sales are recurring with distributors I need the insights to be accurate, but also be able to look back on the deal and see the amount of revenue created for that deal. It would save me monitoring separate data studio graphs etc! 

Any help greatly appreciated. 

Rory 

Comments

• Brad Krause_13404
    Brad Krause_13404 Member Posts: 374
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2021 #2

It sounds to me like you would be better off duplicating the deal and then marking the closed deal as won. But maybe I'm not fully understanding what you are trying to accomplish. I use the duplication feature often when a prospect is accepting proposals for multiple services that require separate deals. 

• Brad Krause_13404
    Brad Krause_13404 Member Posts: 374
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited March 2021 #3

Ideally I think it's best to have one pipeline when possible. Have you considered using and restricting the deal label field to designating the deal 'distributor' vs. 'Direct'? In that case you can distinguish between them in insights/reports. If you are on the professional level plan then that would open up even more possibilities such as using a custom deal details field that would designate it distributor vs. direct to maintain proper reporting.