Multiple locations to one organisation

Lukas Zischewski
Lukas Zischewski Member Posts: 37
First Comment

Is there a way to assign multiple locations to an organization?

In this specific case, our contact person addresses are to be output via a filter for a Christmas mailing, for example. So far so good & simple. However, different contact persons of some companies are located at different locations. Does anyone have an idea how to implement this?

Best Regards

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Brad Krause_13404
    Brad Krause_13404 Member Posts: 373
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2022 #2

This could be handled a couple different ways. 

We have clients that have multiple locations so we created a custom deal details field called 'Site address' which is filled out for each deal.

Your other option is to use the Related organizations feature that is found in the Organization record. You can designate one as a parent and then you have sister organizations below it. 

Does this solve your problem? Feel free to explain further if I'm missing something. 

• Leo Kia
    Leo Kia Member Posts: 5
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2021 #3

We have clients that have multiple locations so we created a custom deal details field called 'Site address' which is filled out for each deal.

Your other option is to use the Related organizations feature that is found in the Organization record. You can designate one as a parent and then you have sister organizations below it. 

Does this solve your problem? Feel free to explain further if I'm missing something. 

Hi, we're wrestling with the same issue.

We focus on the restaurant sector and some organisations (one unique organisation number and fiscal entity) have several physical units. 

We have each organisation assigned (owned) to a single sales rep in pipedrive. When they do canvas visits they can use the pipedrive map functionality so see if a restaurant is free to grab or if it's owned by another sales rep.

However, when an organisation has several units which are not shown on the map, the rep can unknowingly approach an organisation which is maintained by another sales rep.

The solution would be insert several addresses tied to an organisation if these addresses are all shown on the map. Is that a way to achieve this?

Thanks,

Leo

• Brad Krause_13404
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited June 2021 #4

@Leo Kia My recommendation is to create an Organization record for each physical location. Ech store would be an organization and the corporate office or regional office would also be its own organization. That's what we do. You associate people then with the actual location they physically work at. Corporate people records go in the corporate organization and records that are associated with the other physical locations go there. IMO, that's the best way to do it. each of those records in the image are their own organization

• Brad Krause_13404
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited June 2021 #5

Just adding different physical locations as deals under one main record doesn't work very well. Even when you add an address field to the deal details. we did it that way at first and then completely reworked our database. 

• Brad Krause_13404
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited June 2021 #6

PS. the way you can get the corporate record to be at the top of an alphabetical list is after the main company name use multiple spaces (3) before the site name. Mandel Group [3 spaces] (Corporate).

That will force that record to the top of the group

• Leo Kia
    Leo Kia Member Posts: 5
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2021 #7

Thanks @Brad Krause 

I guess that would be the best way but for some of our potential customer who have +50 units, it would be a pretty cumbersome approach. 

• Brad Krause_13404
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited June 2021 #8

We have some in the 20+ but it's been worth it. It's also going to allow us to better track sales at the specific location vs from just a corporate point of origin. 

It was weeks of updating the database until 3 am. it wasn't fun. good luck!