Opportunities that come to us from Agents

Speck Hansen
Speck Hansen Member Posts: 2
edited May 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hello - our business (telecommunications) gets many of our opportunities (deals) from the agent channel. Many times all of the communication during the sales process is with the agent who brought the opportunity in, and not with an actual contact at the company (organization). And many times we don't get a contact with the company - just the company name, address and details of what needs proposed.

Any advice on the best way to handle that when it comes to the Person attached to the Organization? I'd like emails with the agent to be attached to the deal - however that would require making the agent the Person attached to the Organization we are proposing services --- and the same agent will bring multiple different Organization opportunities over time. I hope that makes sense - thank you for any advice anyone has.

Tagged:

Comments

• Bernd Auer
    Bernd Auer Member Posts: 344
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi @Speck Hansen  

The person assigned to the deal doesn't have to be in the organisation assigned to the deal. You can have an agent assigned to several deals with different companies.

And the emails will all be attached to him (or in my case her). If there is only one open deal, this will happen automatically. If there are several open deals: If you start the conversation in Pipedrive from the deal it will be attached correctly. Incoming mails need to be assigned.

Does this make sense to you?

• Speck Hansen
    Speck Hansen Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2021 #3

Hi @Speck Hansen  

The person assigned to the deal doesn't have to be in the organisation assigned to the deal. You can have an agent assigned to several deals with different companies.

And the emails will all be attached to him (or in my case her). If there is only one open deal, this will happen automatically. If there are several open deals: If you start the conversation in Pipedrive from the deal it will be attached correctly. Incoming mails need to be assigned.

Does this make sense to you?

Super helpful thank you Bernd! 

I think I follow and have messed with it in PD - the only fuzzy part for me is where / how to assign the Agent to a deal?

In my case I unlinked the agent as the person in the organization - that was easy
    So now I have the agent in my contacts (Person) and the specific Organization has no Person attached to it

Not sure how to attach the agent to the deal
    Possibly that is the "Participants" section inside the deal?

Appreciate your help!

• Bernd Auer
    Bernd Auer Member Posts: 344
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited January 2021 #4

@Speck Hansen Happy to help!

If nobody is assigned, it is easy, right?

If you want to switch an existing assignement you will find this 3 dots in the deal next to the contact:

Here you can switch the main contact person of a deal to another one. And the first one will be "only" participant. No need to remove the assignement from your agent to his company.

Imagine persons, organisations and deals as 3 independend entities. You CAN connect them, but don't have to. In my trainings, I show always this slide:

What's missing there: Not only one company can have different deals but also the persons. 

Does this work for you now? As soon as you see the idea behind, it will be easy :-)

• Alain Delem
    Alain Delem Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary

Hello, the link between persons, deals and companies is quite clear, but, let me insist on the "agent" collaboration and links. In an email exchange between my Agent A and myself, I want to discuss something about Customer C, Is there anyway I can link this email to my Customer if I do not send it to him but only to my agent?

Thank you

• glass_man
    glass_man Member Posts: 2
    First Comment First Anniversary

hello,

we are implenting a new division that also often-times uses Agents, but not always. I saw your thread and was wondering if you have any more words of wisdom. I was simply going to enter the Deals using the Agents company and the Agent's contact details. We can add the end-user as a Participant, but i don't think PD lets you search what deals participants ahve been involved in, so it is not especially useful. Not sure best way to link agent/enduser for best tracking and future email marketing.

Brad