Emails linking incorrectly

Options
Bob Winkler
Bob Winkler Member Posts: 6
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

My emails keep getting linked to the wrong account.  They will come in from one person about a second person and get totally linked to the wrong different person. 

A have sent 20 or 30 screen shots to support and all they can say is 'this happens sometimes'.  Not an acceptable answer,  Anyone else had this issue and i there a fix?  

Comments

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 845
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited January 2021 #2
    Options

Is this happening with automations? 

• Diana
    Diana Pipedrive Team Posts: 32 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited June 2022 #3
    Options

Hello Bob 
    ​This is Diana from Pipedrive Support Management Team - nice to meet you :)

I was checking the conversation you had with support and I am happy to address anything that was less clear on the explanation provided as to why those emails were being linked to those deals. I can see we have also pointed out how to stop emails from being linked to Deals, which I understand is not your end goal. Alternatively, you can also manually unlink a specific email from a Deal.

Feel free to continue the conversation with us in support as we are more than happy to continue to help.

• Bob Winkler
    edited January 2021 #4
    Options

Incoming emails.  Pipedrive seems to randomly pick a contact and start assigning emails to it.  

Yesterday I was cc'd on a Paypal invoice to a company in California (I am the sales agent,)  This was from a company in Ontario Canada.  The record was assigned to a random person in Minnesota 

It is happening more and more.  I get lead emails from a webservice that generated the same format each time.  I havent automated it yet, ;ack pf confidence.  The lead emails get saved to different non related accounts .  3 separate attempts with support have been fruitless

Bob

• Bob Winkler
    edited January 2021 #5
    Options

VERY MUCH APPRECIATE YOUR HELP!!!!

• Bob Winkler
    edited January 2021 #6
    Options

Diana, I will take you up on that.

My goal is to find out and stop it from randomly happening

• Bob Winkler
    edited February 2022 #7
    Options

Diana, I want to clear one thing up from what you said.  Pipedrive isnt filing emails with the wrong deals, its  filing emails with the wrong contact!  

I  have hundreds to fix

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited January 2021 #8
    Options

Diana, I want to clear one thing up from what you said.  Pipedrive isnt filing emails with the wrong deals, its  filing emails with the wrong contact!  

I  have hundreds to fix

Hi @Bob Winkler , I'm sorry to hear you're having this issue. 

Like my colleague @Diana mentioned, the fastest and most efficient way to continue troubleshoot this is using the live chat I can see you already have going on with Adriana from Support. 

For urgent or technical issues Support is always the most adequate and quickest channel of communication. Thank you!

• Zina Papageorgiou
    Zina Papageorgiou Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2022 #9
    Options
    Diana said:

Hello Bob 
    ​This is Diana from Pipedrive Support Management Team - nice to meet you :)

I was checking the conversation you had with support and I am happy to address anything that was less clear on the explanation provided as to why those emails were being linked to those deals. I can see we have also pointed out how to stop emails from being linked to Deals, which I understand is not your end goal. Alternatively, you can also manually unlink a specific email from a Deal.

Feel free to continue the conversation with us in support as we are more than happy to continue to help.

Hi Diana, this happened to me as well- how to you manually unlink a a specific email from a Deal.? thanks

• a7594
    a7594 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

I have so many emails going into the wrong contacts! How do you unlink an email from a deal? Why are they going in there?? I get it if the domain is the same - but they are no way related! PLEASE FIX!

• Kate Mercer
    Kate Mercer Member Posts: 5
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited October 2023 #11
    Options

Every email I forward to Pipedrive links to the same - wrong- contact. I'm tearing my hair out here. Can anybody help, please?

It appears that the PipeDrive email address attaches to the first person I sent an email to, and this cannot be deleted. Every subsequent forwarded email then links with the very first contact. This is infuriating, and hopeless as a system.

BREAKTHROUGH!

I don't know if this will help anyone else, but YOU CANNOT FORWARD EMAILS TO PIPEDRIVE!!!! You have to bcc them ONLY. If you forward them it attaches the Pipedrive email address to a specific contact, and forever afterwards will attach that contact to any further emails you forward. If you bcc them it works fine. It means that if you forget to bcc Pipedrive when you write to a client, you can only get the email into PD either by writing to the client again (which could irritate them) or by copying and pasting your email into your contact notes. Hope this helps.

• Allan Bruun - SimplerQMS
    Options

We have exactly the same problem. I can count at least 20 cases of emails being randomly linked to incorrect deals. I then send screen shots to PD support and spend a lot of timing trying to figure about why this is not working.

You need to simplify this and give the user a way too see why all of these "random linking issues" are happening.