Deal/Lead automation

Account Manager_25927
Account Manager_25927 Member Posts: 3
edited July 2023 in Sales CRM #1

Hi

I'm new to pipedrive, but trying to figure out how to automatically move deals through my pipeline – not based on activities. 

For example, when my customers have filled out an online registration form on my website, I would like the deal to move to a new stage.

The obvious way I thought to do this is:

TRIGGER: Organisation label changes to > e.g. Signed-Up (Due to an integration that changes the label)

ACTION:  Deal if deal_stage = e.g.Contract Sent AND linked organisation_label = Sign-Up >> Move Deal to Stage XX

However, all actions on deals (delete, update, etc.) require that you choose a specific deal!?

But why would you make an automation for one deal – or lead?

I feel it's a pretty basic automation, so I might have missed something?

Thanks in advance,

Simeon

Comments

• Brad Krause_13404
    Brad Krause_13404 Member Posts: 374
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2021 #2

Are you saying that a record for the customer already existed in pipedrive before they filled out the online registration form? 

• Account Manager_25927
    Account Manager_25927 Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2022 #3

Yes exactly! 

I think I have a workaround, to base the trigger on when the deal matched a filter – but still working on it.

• Brad Krause_13404
    Brad Krause_13404 Member Posts: 374
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2021 #4

Yes exactly! 

I think I have a workaround, to base the trigger on when the deal matched a filter – but still working on it.

If you are doing something similar as you described above with the label field remember to include the Label has changed. Otherwise the automation could affect records that already have that label state but have not recently changed. 

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2021 #5

Hi @Simeon Eichel

Automations are designed to catch any case that falls under the conditions you set up, meaning they don't correspond to any particular deal. I recommend you reach out to our Support team so they can help you troubleshoot what's confusing you :)