Goals - Personalising the set up for a goal

ENPICOM Sales
ENPICOM Sales Member Posts: 5

Hi! The new goals function in Insights is a nice addition, however there is room for improvements. 

Currently, you are quite limited in what you can set up a goal for, and in what way you want to set it up. One example is, when setting up the 'count' won deals goal for a quarter, you would have to set up 4 different goals to show the yearly overview of the goal. It would be so much more useful to have one goal, with 4 quarters in it that show the individual goal per quarter. In addition to that, it would be really useful if you can have the yearly overview for the quarters with an option to set up different values for the quarters (eg: Q1: 1  -  Q2: 5  -  Q3: 8  -  Q4: 12). Now you can only select 1 value.

How could this be set up? - The same way you can set up a payment schedule. For a payment schedule you can manually set up the time span and interval for the schedule (in this case that would be the goal) and you can manually fill in the amount of the payment (in this case that would be the number/value of the goal)

this situation only describes one goal, but I think this is really useful if it can be applied to every goal. Also, is there a goal coming up for subscription revenue and other revenue related aspects? 

I hope that what I described is clear, and I hope to see some updates on goals soon! 

1 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Brad Krause_13404
    Brad Krause_13404 Member Posts: 373
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2021 #2

Yep, the inability to set variable individual monthly goals within a yearly goals is a bummer. 

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2021 #3

Hi @ENPICOM Sales 

Thanks for passing it on. I've added the "feedback" tag to your post so that our team sees your suggestion.

• Florence Loumaye
    Florence Loumaye Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #4

Hi Pipedrive, 

Are we alreday further with this question (different monthly / quarterly goals over a year ) ?

It would be very usefull !

Thanks,

Florence

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2021 #5

Hi Pipedrive, 

Are we alreday further with this question (different monthly / quarterly goals over a year ) ?

It would be very usefull !

Thanks,

Florence

Hi @Florence Loumaye there's unfortunately nothing solid I can tell. Our team is taking feedback and improving goals and insights across this year and many more to come. They will take in all feedback and prioritise that.

• Dean Kuhlmann
    Dean Kuhlmann Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2021 #6

Agree with this as a key method of common forecasting.  Separate Goals for each Quarter, rolling up to the Annual number:

Q1:  $100K              Q2:  $200K              Q3:  $300K              Q4:  $400K              Annual Goal:  $1M

Annual/Quarter:   4 entries

Annual/Monthly:  12 entries

@Mike van der Valk thanks for keeping us posted on this new feature!