Calendar sync - looking best practises

Martin Pecha_2338
Martin Pecha_2338 Member Posts: 146
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Comment
edited June 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hi, 

I am looking for best practise how to sync my calendar with pipedrive. 

Problem

I do not want to create calendar event and then replicate same work in pipedrive.

Issues

I just need specific events in my calendar to be synced and I do not want to create multiple calendars.

Also the ability to choose, where the activity is created (deal, person, organisation)

Any tips?

Martin

Tagged:

Comments

• Brad Krause_13404
    Brad Krause_13404 Member Posts: 374
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2022 #2

Hope this helps,

The first category of activities I have is 'General' That is what I use for things to sync from outlook if something originates in outlook. I also use that for broad reminders of things that will remain at the top of my list and that are not associated with any specific deal or prospect.

I rarely use a calendar view and usually only use outlook to view other people's schedules when creating a meeting internally.  I spend most of my time in the list view of activities in pipedrive. I have found it to be way more useful than a calendar. 

I most often create the activity while in the deal so that the deal, organisation, and person is linked right away. Or if there is not a deal I create it from the person record. 

• Martin Pecha_2338
    edited January 2021 #3

Hope this helps,

The first category of activities I have is 'General' That is what I use for things to sync from outlook if something originates in outlook. I also use that for broad reminders of things that will remain at the top of my list and that are not associated with any specific deal or prospect.

I rarely use a calendar view and usually only use outlook to view other people's schedules when creating a meeting internally.  I spend most of my time in the list view of activities in pipedrive. I have found it to be way more useful than a calendar. 

I most often create the activity while in the deal so that the deal, organisation, and person is linked right away. Or if there is not a deal I create it from the person record. 

and how did you manage to create a process of syncy? I mean, how were you able force pipedrive to sync only specific events from outlook and not all of them?

• Brad Krause_13404
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2021 #4

Hope this helps,

I didn't limit the sync from my calendar and I'm not sure you can. That wasn't really a concern for me. It doesn't look like there is any way to limit from your calendar to pipedrive on the pipedrive side. You may look into the settings of your calendar program? 

• Martin Pecha_2338
    edited January 2021 #5

Hope this helps,

I see, thanks for clarification!

This is exactly the issue I am trying to solve - pipedrive natively canot limit sync - so it will create   

• huge mess in mapping to different deals based on email address and other issues related to mapping (same as emails)
    • syncing all meetings in calendar

I am realy looking to some tool, where I could either choose and map it manually in google calendar (as now gmail add-on exists for pipedrive). Or somehow tag events, which will be directly then added as activities (but here is the same issue how to decide to which deal it will go - f.e. 2 deals. same deal person)

• Brad Krause_13404
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2021 #6

Hope this helps,

I see where you are coming from. I never create anything in my calendar app thats related to any deals, or pipedrive contacts. Prefer to do it in pipedrive.