DEAL ID....please make this a field that can be made visible in deal view.

Options
Ann Hamilton
Ann Hamilton Member Posts: 6
5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
edited July 2023 in Sales CRM #1

Please make DEAL ID a field that can be made visible in deal view.  We would like to use the DEAL ID as our Project ID as a project moves through sales cycle and into production process but this field cannot currently be made visible.  EASY CHANGE I should think.

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited March 2021 #2
    Options

Hi @Ann Hamilton 

Thanks for sharing. Could you tell me a bit more about how your project process works? Do you create another deal for it in Pipedrive you want to have linked to the original?

• Ann Hamilton
    Ann Hamilton Member Posts: 6
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

@Mike van der Valk  I want to be able to see the Pipedrive Deal ID that is assigned when a new deal is created.  That way our company could use the same Project ID through from lead to project completion.  The PD ID could move with the project through to our project management system outside of PD and be noted on all folders within our servers, etc. so that all are tied together with the same identifier.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited March 2021 #4
    Options

@Mike van der Valk  I want to be able to see the Pipedrive Deal ID that is assigned when a new deal is created.  That way our company could use the same Project ID through from lead to project completion.  The PD ID could move with the project through to our project management system outside of PD and be noted on all folders within our servers, etc. so that all are tied together with the same identifier.

Hi @Ann Hamilton in this case you can see the Deal ID in the URL of the page when you look at the deal. It can also be pulled via our API so that it can feed into any third party tool you are using.

• Roderick Driesenaar
    Roderick Driesenaar Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2021 #5
    Options

Hi Mike,  the Deal ID is displayed in the sales docs feature as a printable field, but it doens't appear when selected and printed. Correct? 

• Roderick Driesenaar
    edited March 2021 #6
    Options

Hi Mike,  the Deal ID is displayed in the sales docs feature as a printable field, but it doens't appear when selected and printed. Correct? 

• Roderick Driesenaar
    edited February 2021 #7
    Options

• Per-Erik Elgh
    Per-Erik Elgh Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2021 #8
    Options

I would also like to be able to have the deal ID in the deal name automatically for the same purposes as AnnHamilton above.

• Marco Bernardi
    Marco Bernardi Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2021 #9
    Options

Hi!

Yes, for me it would be very useful that pipedrive creates a new unique Deal ID everytime I a new deal is created. That could be used as unique Project ID-number.  

If I understood it correctly at the moment the Deal ID is only shown on the docs (i.e. for quotes) to be sent or printed, but I can not see this ID in the deal in pipedrive. 

Is it possible to modify that?

thanks 

br

Marco

• Keith Gereghty
    Keith Gereghty Member Posts: 58
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2021 #10
    Options

Ditto

• Matt Keppich
    Matt Keppich Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2021 #11
    Options

Hi Mike,

Can the Deal ID be a custom field in the deal view?

Matt

• Mike van der Valk
    edited August 2021 #12
    Options

Unfortunately not @Matt Keppich with a little setup you can automate it though. You could create a custom field named Deal ID or something else and use for example Zapier to automate. So when you add a new deal, Zapier sees that, pulls the ID and then copies that ID in the custom field. 

• Andy Seo
    Andy Seo Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2021 #13
    Options

Hey Mike, trying to do exactly this.

We're having a hard time attempting to pull the deal ID using Zapier as it the ID itself doesn't exist anywhere on the pipedrive deal itself other than its URL.

Is there anyway to call the PD system deal id associated with the deal? Or do we have to use a GET request to get the deal ID for a deal?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited August 2021 #14
    Options

Hi @Andy Seo 

It's hard to say as I'm not sure how currently your Zap is setup. Our support or that of Zapier should be able to help you out if you provide some screenshots.

However, the GET request is indeed an option. Again hard for me to judge where it's going wrong now sorry. I'd recommend checking in with the support teams, I'm sure they can help you out as the Deal ID is available :) 

• Emanur Rahman
    Emanur Rahman Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #15
    Options

Is this still outstanding? The deal ID is essential to track into accounting for invoicing purposes and to track backwards for sales attribution.

Without it how can we reconcile / control that all our won deals have been accounted for?

• Morten Novak Bro
    Morten Novak Bro Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2022 #16
    Options

Would really like to have this as well. Same purpose: To tie together Deal - Project - Financials ertc.

• Morten Novak Bro
    Morten Novak Bro Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2022 #17
    Options

Is there a free alternativ to Zapier that can do the same thing (ie when new deal, copy URL ID to a customer field (called DealID)?

• Luc Godfroid
    Luc Godfroid Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2022 #18
    Options

Hi Ann, Agree that is a field which should be visible. I did the following now. Created a custom field and I fill this when creating the deal and adding the Deal ID to it manually. Not the best way to do but at least you can use it for exports and other purposes.

• wdavoile
    wdavoile Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

Hi,

It's almost two years since the original request for the Deal ID to be a displayable field on the deals page; why does it take 2 years to enable such a simple request?

Please can the ID field be enabled to display on the deals page without using an API and third-party app.

Thanks

• Josh Buesking
    Josh Buesking Member Posts: 176
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

Easily done with workflow automation, personaly I put the deal id in all my deal titles so it goes "Deal ID - Deal Title".

• wdavoile
    wdavoile Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

Thanks, what do you have as the trigger?

• Josh Buesking
    Josh Buesking Member Posts: 176
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

New deal added works.

• CGM
    CGM Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2023 #23
    Options

@Josh Buesking Hi :) Would mind sharing the workflow automation to create the Deal ID field?

... Just adding to this, I've created a workflow to populate the Deal ID custom text field with Deal ID, I based it off of the trigger Update, and thought the best way to mass update all deals with the Deal ID would be to bulk edit them based on an arbitrary test field... that is when I hit the Frequency limit..

So now my question is, what trigger could be used to mass update all Deals with Deal ID.

Thank you