CRM + Email & Marketing Automation?

Marc Levesque
Marc Levesque Member Posts: 10
First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
edited July 2022 in Workflow Automation #1

Not too long ago, we moved away from Pipedrive for another "CRM" which emphasized its robust email & marketing automation capabilities.  

We were looking for something that could offer lead scoring and nurturing based on website activity and email engagement. 

With everything Pipedrive has added/improved over the past year, we're itching to get back to the CRM we know and love. I missed this platform so much! 

Anyone currently using Mailigen and Pipedrive? I know it's not fully integrated yet (syncbot for now) but curious to know how you all like it so far?

For those wondering, the platform we're on at the moment starts with "Active" and ends with "Campaign". Nice company but CRM doesn't touch Pipedrive.    

Tagged:

Comments

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,519
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Insightfuls 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2021 #2

Marc - I haven't used Mailigen yet, but I know Outfunnel does all this: Automation, Lead Scoring based on website activity and email engagement.

• Minhaz Moosa
    Minhaz Moosa Member Posts: 43
    5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited January 2021 #3

Hi Marc,

We are in the same position however we are trying to use Pipedrive for email marketing even though it's clunky and doesnt provide the lead scoring or nuturing :(

Have a read of this: https://community.pipedrive.com/post/anyone-found-a-solution-you-like-for-email-drip-campaigns-that-interfaces-w--6013081a2adaaf70a5c55e53

• Marc Levesque
    edited January 2021 #4

Thanks for sharing. Ideally, all data would reside in one platform. Jumping in and out of two platforms gets annoying.

• Markus Leming
    Markus Leming Member Posts: 8
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #5

Hey Marc,

As Amit said, Outfunnel could solve all of the above - we're natively built into Pipedrive and even though the web tracking code, the lead scoring model and email campaigns are set up in Outfunnel, all data is synced back to Pipedrive instantaneously + there's no need to import/export contacts as we use Pipedrive as the database.

Happy to show you a personal, founder demo if you'd like. Just pick a time here: https://calendly.com/outfunnel/30min

• Martin Boonzaayer
    Martin Boonzaayer Member Posts: 51
    First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2022 #6

We use Pipedrive + "the other CRM you mentioned".  Obviously Pipedrive is our CRM, and then we sync with the other platform for all the email marketing.

• Marc Levesque
    edited January 2021 #7

We use Pipedrive + "the other CRM you mentioned".  Obviously Pipedrive is our CRM, and then we sync with the other platform for all the email marketing.

Thanks Martin. How do you find the experience of using both platforms in tandem? I hear that Pipedrive should be rolling out their own solution to this sometime this year.

• Marc Levesque
    edited January 2021 #8

Hey Marc,

As Amit said, Outfunnel could solve all of the above - we're natively built into Pipedrive and even though the web tracking code, the lead scoring model and email campaigns are set up in Outfunnel, all data is synced back to Pipedrive instantaneously + there's no need to import/export contacts as we use Pipedrive as the database.

Happy to show you a personal, founder demo if you'd like. Just pick a time here: https://calendly.com/outfunnel/30min

Thanks Markus, booked.

• Martin Boonzaayer
    First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2021 #9

It works fine. We implemented several years ago - so if Pipedrive's solution is good, we will likely consolidate. However, in my experience companies are generally good at their main thing (which is CRM for pipedrive) and marketing automation for Active Campaign. 

• Marc Levesque
    edited January 2021 #10

I would agree with that too. Thanks!

• Joshua Hindman
    Joshua Hindman Member Posts: 35
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic Solution Provider
    edited February 2021 #11

Hey Marc,

@Markus Leming I'm interested in a demo with you. We use and sell/support Pipedrive with various automated marketing solutions but I think it could be useful to learn a little more about Outfunnel to see if it's a good fit for our client base. Mind if I use that link to get on your cal too?

• Marc Levesque
    edited April 2021 #12

Martin, considering doing the same. Are you syncing with a simple Zapier integration? 

Thx

• Martin Boonzaayer
    First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2021 #13

No, we use Integromat. Far more capable, and in my opinion easier to use. Also cheaper too. I'm not sure I could have built what we have in Zapier - the functionality is too limited. 

• Marc Levesque
    edited April 2021 #14

Thanks, Martin! I'll be checking that out for sure.

Appreciate the insight.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited February 2021 #15

Hey Marc,

@Markus Leming just tagging you here to make sure you see @Joshua Hindman his question for you.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited February 2022 #16

Just good for everyone to know in this thread that the team behind Mailigen is also cooking up something interesting that will be build natively in our app for Marketing purposes :) 

• Minhaz Moosa
    edited February 2021 #17

Just good for everyone to know in this thread that the team behind Mailigen is also cooking up something interesting that will be build natively in our app for Marketing purposes :) 

@Mike van der Valk Fantastic to hear - I'm sure this will help the majority of users!

Do you know if this will be completely separate to Mailigen or we will be able to migrate?

Exciting times.

• Michael Hobbs
    Michael Hobbs Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2021 #18

Thanks for the update Mike.... but when? ... I have been holding off setting up Mailigen as a separate entity and linking back to Pipedrive in the hope an integrated marketing solution will be available asap... If it is going to be months I may take the plunge but dont want to waste time if there is an imminent solution. Thanks, Michael

• Janis Rozenblats
    Janis Rozenblats Posts: 169 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited March 2021 #19

@Michael Hobbs we are looking to work with a closed group of Beta release customers in April. And marketing automation rollout to a wider group is scheduled for mid-year.  
    It wold be important to know the needs before suggesting solution though.

• Michael Hobbs
    Michael Hobbs Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2021 #20

Hi Janis, 

@Janis Rozenblats We currently use Mailchimp for all marketing messages to our database -  at least twice monthly newsletters and automated responses to signing up to the newsletters. 

We are looking to send similar quality emails to our sales leads as they go through our CRM Pipedrive process, as the quality of the current pipedrive email templates is very poor in comparison to something like Mailchimp/Mailigen.

So my thought is to stop using Mailchimp and transition to Mailigen for our newsletters, and then asap start using the higher quality email formats to respond to individual leads though our pipelines and also do group mailings as necessary. Using the non-integrated versions is not really very appealing though as a lot if manual intervention.

The key to me is a higher quality look and feel to all our sales communication, integrated between Mailigen and Pipedrive. Be happy to join any beta testing.... please.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited February 2021 #21

@Janis Rozenblats could you also answer @Minhaz Moosa his question up here? :) 

• Janis Rozenblats
    edited March 2021 #22

I'm not clear, are you using Mailigen already and are asking about migration from Mailigen? Yes it will be possible.

• Minhaz Moosa
    edited February 2021 #23

@Janis Rozenblats Thanks for confirming :)

• Caroline_39760
    Caroline_39760 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #24

I've only just been introduced to Pipedrive and am comparing it with one other now. This is such a relevant thread so thank you for kicking it off @Marc Levesque. It now looks like Mailigen is integrated am I correct?  Do I have to pay a separate fee to Mailigen or is it somehow affiliated to Pipedrive?

• Janis Rozenblats
    edited April 2021 #25
    Caroline said:

I've only just been introduced to Pipedrive and am comparing it with one other now. This is such a relevant thread so thank you for kicking it off @Marc Levesque. It now looks like Mailigen is integrated am I correct?  Do I have to pay a separate fee to Mailigen or is it somehow affiliated to Pipedrive?

Hi Caroline. Mailigen is a product offered by Pipedrive, but it is a separate platform, so you have to sign up and pay for it separately. 

What functionality are you looking for right now?

We will be rolling out an email marketing product natively embedded in Pipedrive platform. 
    I would like to invite you to join the waitlist and we would let you know when it's available for Beta. https://forms.gle/HX2t4GGhhXVXcbnH9