Inactivate Email Automation:

Options
Gabe Kubanda
Gabe Kubanda Member Posts: 2

When sending out bulk emails (or one by one, for that matter), it seems there should be an easy way for Pipedrive to know when bouncebacks come in, and to be able to update a contact's email to reflect that A: they are out of office, or B: it's undeliverable permanently, especially if they don't work there anymore.  Anyone feel the same?

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Gabe Kubanda 

Haven't seen that before but interesting suggestion. I'll make our team aware of your suggestion. What do you do now? Do you update the contact manually on bouncebacks?

• Gabe Kubanda
    Gabe Kubanda Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2021 #3
    Options

Hi @Gabe Kubanda 

Haven't seen that before but interesting suggestion. I'll make our team aware of your suggestion. What do you do now? Do you update the contact manually on bouncebacks?

Awesome!  Well, we deal with concert booking for the military, universities, as well as scheduling music industry webinars and workshops for school music programs.  So, there's obviously a massive turnover when you're looking at military personnel changing positions, rotating to other facilities, college activities board students graduating, and school teacher rollover, or retiring.  So, anytime we schedule a bulk email, or are reaching out, there's a good chance that many emails are no longer used, and my "hack" is either to update email addresses, or add a new field at the person level, and change that to "inactive", both are manual, and time-consuming.   But just as we get a bunch of bounceback emails, or postmaster "Delivery has failed" emails, I'm sure pipedrive would be able to understand what those are, and qualify them as inactive, and add an activity saying "email inactive" or something.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited February 2021 #4
    Options

Hi @Gabe Kubanda 

Thanks for your response @Gabe Kubanda passing it on to the team ;) 

• Mark Pinnes
    Mark Pinnes Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Hi @Mike van der Valk - any update on this one? I too think it would a super helpful feature.

• PeterDurovic
    PeterDurovic Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Hello @Mike van der Valk piggybacking on the others to see if this viable?

• Mike van der Valk
    Options

Hi @Mark Pinnes and @PeterDurovic It's been a while so I am going to ask my colleagues to take a look at this request again. At the moment I am not seeing this on our roadmap but I'm not working on the automation and email areas myself so can't know what's still in the pipeline.

I'll ask them to take a serious look at this, thanks for writing 🙏🏻