Creating a Referral Rep/Company on forms

Options
Nate Oskar
Nate Oskar Member Posts: 4
First Comment
edited July 2023 in Sales CRM #1

Hello Pipedrivers. Long time lurker, first time poster.

In addition to direct sales, we are also receiving referrals from multiple partners who we need to track to compensate when sales are won. Right now we have separate webforms for each company with the data fields to identify the rep. But since they are data fields, we aren't able to do some things.

My question is how could we have the lead form add the referral company (as an organization in contacts) and the referral rep (as a contact tied to that organization). My thought is that if they are a contact tied to their referrals then I can:

1. Include them in workflow intro emails
2. Track all activities for all referrals by their contact
3. Pivot reporting to what they have generated

Thank you in advance for any help or ideas!

Tagged:

Comments

• Jeremy Gulley_11062
    Jeremy Gulley_11062 Member Posts: 80
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary Solution Provider
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Hey @Nate Oskar

I literally just created something similar for a client last week haha. We utilize the "referring party" on the deal card as a contact in pipedrive. Then I use the owner of the referring party to assign the deal. For us, the easiest setup was using JotForm and Zapier / Integromat to get all this done but, it's worked out really well so far. 

Let me know if you want to hope on a zoom and I can show you the set up. 

• Nate Oskar
    First Comment
    edited February 2021 #3
    Options

Hey @Nate Oskar

I literally just created something similar for a client last week haha. We utilize the "referring party" on the deal card as a contact in pipedrive. Then I use the owner of the referring party to assign the deal. For us, the easiest setup was using JotForm and Zapier / Integromat to get all this done but, it's worked out really well so far. 

Awesome! Thank you! Quick question: Does this give you the ability to allow the referrer to select the rep name on the webform?

• Nate Oskar
    First Comment
    edited February 2021 #4
    Options

Hey @Nate Oskar

And can we use Formstack instead of Jotform?

• Jeremy Gulley_11062
    edited February 2021 #5
    Options

Hey @Nate Oskar

Our setup didn't because the external referrer doesn't actually know who gets the commission on the deal so, we did it by owner. Anything is possible but, it may be different in the connection. I find Integromat is better suited for pushing a drop down = user ID but, I'm sure zapier would work as well. 

• Jeremy Gulley_11062
    edited February 2021 #6
    Options

Hey @Nate Oskar

And I don't see why you couldn't use Formstack as well. I'm just more versed with Jotform :) 

• Nate Oskar
    First Comment
    edited February 2021 #7
    Options

Hey @Nate Oskar

Thank you so much! Running this up the flag pole now. I will be in touch!

• Jeremy Gulley_11062
    edited February 2021 #8
    Options

Hey @Nate Oskar

Nice! Please do let me know how it works out. Always curious to hear different implementations and better ways. 

Cheers