Adding Sales Tax

Alex Thomas
Alex Thomas Member Posts: 1

Hello, Our company would like to be able to add sales tax to specific deals.  After speaking with Pipedrive we found that the only option we have is to add sales tax to the product itself.  However, we only charge sales tax in certain regions.  For this reason we would like to be able to add sales tax on the fly to specific deals which doesn't seem to be an option. 

Tagged:
0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 847
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited February 2021 #2

you can create a custom field and input the tax into there ? 

• Jean-Patrick HERBUTE
    Jean-Patrick HERBUTE Member Posts: 11
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited July 2022 #3

@Boris Tsibelman , I applied your suggestion to my company's Pipedrive "setup", but it is a hassle to work with.

We have to manually calculate taxes each time its needed, and can be a dangerous source of errors!

To work around that, i actually ended up implementing  a single option custom field, with my tax rate (0% or 20%) and two monetary fields (tax amount, and tax total), setting up a ressource greedy custom webhook triggered on each and every deal update (no other choice) to calculate the tax according to the contact's country, and updating the two monetary fields to be used in my sales documents.

If we could just work Pipedrive's product pricing the other way, ie entering tax free products and apply or not a tax to a specific deal, the process would be a lot simplier and safer.

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 847
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited February 2021 #4

Agreed - it would be MUCH easier if PD made it easy to tackle this issue.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2022 #5

Hi @Alex Thomas 

Thanks for sharing, it's currently not in the near term plans unfortunately but I've passed it on to our team so we can hopefully consider this for the future!

• George Grimes
    George Grimes Member Posts: 5
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited July 2021 #6

I have 7 tax regions - each with differing tax rates. Currently I have to create a duplicate of the same product 7 times to have the taxes for each region - that is A LOT of products. Can we please add something into the product tax section for this?

• Víctor Moreno
    Víctor Moreno Member Posts: 6
    First Comment
    edited January 2022 #7

Houston, we have a problem!

The #Square platform has just landed in Europe. You only have to look at the way they manage "Quotes", "Invoices" and "Taxes" to see the road ahead for us in Pipedrive.

I love Pipedrive. But we have been waiting for a year for the harmonization of these concepts. And it is that the Products module is very far from being practical.

In Square it has taken me just 1 hour to import all my products from my website (woocommerce) and from there, make budgets with or without VAT in the simplest way. It makes no sense to increase the price of a product with a tax that varies from one to another! And even less, when the module does not break it down or into subtotals.

Please: review Square's software. Which by the way: it's free! Now, I know that they win in collection management. But Xerox's solution is more expensive than Piedrive itself, and much less intuitive.

I want to do the whole process within Pipedrive. But I recognize that as my catalog grows and my e-commerce gains weight, budget and product gaps are less and less easy to overcome.

• Víctor Moreno
    Víctor Moreno Member Posts: 6
    First Comment
    edited January 2022 #8

Hi @Alex Thomas 

Thanks for sharing, it's currently not in the near term plans unfortunately but I've passed it on to our team so we can hopefully consider this for the future!

Houston, we have a problem!

The Square platform has just landed in Europe. You only have to look at the way they manage "Quotes", "Invoices" and "Taxes" to see the road ahead for us in Pipedrive.

I love Pipedrive. But we have been waiting for a year for the harmonization of these concepts. And it is that the Products module is very far from being practical.

In Square it has taken me just 1 hour to import all my products from my website (woocommerce) and from there, make budgets with or without VAT in the simplest way. It makes no sense to increase the price of a product with a tax that varies from one to another! And even less, when the module does not break it down or into subtotals.

Please: review Square's software. Which by the way: it's free! Now, I know that they win in collection management. But Xerox's solution is more expensive than Piedrive itself, and much less intuitive.

I want to do the whole process within Pipedrive. But I recognize that as my catalog grows and my e-commerce gains weight, budget and product gaps are less and less easy to overcome.