Tweaking chatbot behaviour

Options
Daniel_29404
Daniel_29404 Member Posts: 9

There are a couple of tweaks I'd like to see if I can implement with chatbot - has anyone managed to acheive these?

1. Speed up the "typing" (any message from chatbot longer than a few words seems to take too long to turn up)
  2. Show the restart conversation option to visitors all the time, not just at the end of a playbook sequence.

I'll post back if I find a way, but any ideas (or even solutions) much appreciated.

Comments

• Dana Coates
    Dana Coates Member Posts: 19
    First Comment
    edited February 2021 #2
    Options

Both suggestions are important.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2021 #3
    Options

Thanks for sharing @Daniel Merriott I've added the "feedback" tag to your post so that our team will see it!

• Daniel_29404
    Daniel_29404 Member Posts: 9
    edited February 2022 #4
    Options

Thanks @Mike van der Valk . In discussion with one of your colleagues on another support ticket we captured some high-level requirements for this which I think have gone off to the product manager. In essence:

For (1) as the delay is proportional to the length of the text, I have suggested either the delay be reduced or a maximum delay be introduced. It's clear we're talking with a robot so applying some limits shouldn't impact negatively on the 'conversational' experience. For example, it can take 4.5 seconds for "Can I please have your email so a member of our sales team can follow up with you as soon as possible?” to appear. These seconds add up quickly and lead to disengagement. As a rule of thumb, my thinking is this should be quicker and easier than the customer navigating to my contact page and submitting a form.

For (2) if a customer abandons a sequence then the chatbot just waits and waits and is of no further use in engaging the customer. E.g. if a customer is not ready to provide an email just yet, I'd like them to be able to restart and have the chatbot help them in other ways.

• Dana Coates
    Dana Coates Member Posts: 19
    First Comment
    edited February 2021 #5
    Options
    Daniel said:

Thanks @Mike van der Valk . In discussion with one of your colleagues on another support ticket we captured some high-level requirements for this which I think have gone off to the product manager. In essence:

For (1) as the delay is proportional to the length of the text, I have suggested either the delay be reduced or a maximum delay be introduced. It's clear we're talking with a robot so applying some limits shouldn't impact negatively on the 'conversational' experience. For example, it can take 4.5 seconds for "Can I please have your email so a member of our sales team can follow up with you as soon as possible?” to appear. These seconds add up quickly and lead to disengagement. As a rule of thumb, my thinking is this should be quicker and easier than the customer navigating to my contact page and submitting a form.

For (2) if a customer abandons a sequence then the chatbot just waits and waits and is of no further use in engaging the customer. E.g. if a customer is not ready to provide an email just yet, I'd like them to be able to restart and have the chatbot help them in other ways.

I fully support @Daniel Merriott position on this.

• Vincent Gérin
    Vincent Gérin Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2021 #6
    Options

It's really important to speed up the Q&A in the chatbot. Too long to wait each question. Please introduce a way to reduce the time between each question.

• Sam Willson
    Sam Willson Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2021 #7
    Options

I just started using the chatbot, and I agree with these 2 functions.  I added a 3rd, which is making the chatbot work smarter in the playbook area.

https://community.pipedrive.com/post/chatbot-feature-request-60da30eaf3eccb2c75067376