Copy Email Templates

Bernd Auer
Bernd Auer Member Posts: 343
First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

It would be very usefull if you are able to copy email templates. Very often you would use a structure like: 

Subject: Quotation for [company name],

Hi [first name],

Thank you for your interest in [product]. Please find the spedifications attached.

Best Regards
[sender name]

Sometimes, the emails are much more complexe. If you have many products you have to recreate them from the scratch. So beeing able to simpy copy and and exchange the title and (in this example the attachement) would save a lot of time.

Tagged:
2 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2021 #2

Hi @Bernd Auer 

Perhaps it's because it's late but I'm not fully understanding. You can already just use the template. The title also has fields that can change depending on the contact/org.

And then you would just need to exchange the attachment. 

• Jakob Kocur
    Jakob Kocur Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2021 #3

I would need this as well.

• Zak Gottlieb
    Zak Gottlieb Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2022 #4

Also want this, so I can make edits to create a new template easily. Copy/pasting misses out merge fields, inline images and other important things. @Mike van der Valk does it make sense now? 

• Miguelito
    Miguelito Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

Yup copy and paste doesn't copy variables. This needs to be fixed.

• Greg McClement
    Greg McClement Member Posts: 2
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited March 2023 #6

When people on my team see that there isn't functionality like this, I get to hear "why don't we just upgrade to SaleForce?" As has been posted here before, copying an email template *does not* copy any of the Pipedrive fields in the email template so they all have to be manually reinserted, which is doable, just time-consuming.

I'd rather have this functionality in my sales CRM than be able to buy project management software from my Sales CRM vendor.