Is there a way to add a product but make the price scalable/custom?

Options
Sean Cornell
Sean Cornell Member Posts: 2
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hey community -

We have a slate of 10 - 15 core products we'd like to track in Pipedrive, however, these products do not have a fixed price.  For instance, we might have a product that we may sell as $100k, or $1MM depending on the sales plan - It is scalable depending on the clients needs.  The problem is the product feature will only allow us to enter the price for the product at fixed values (even with the 'variation' feature), and it doesn't seem feasible to create 900k different products at 1 dollar intervals to cover this ground.

My idea as a workaround was to create a custom field that is a numerical value that would serve the same function, however, adding a price to your products is required in order to add a product.

If anyone has any solutions to this that would be very helpful and appreciated.  Thanks all,

Sean

Tagged:

Comments

• Jeremy Gulley_11062
    Jeremy Gulley_11062 Member Posts: 80
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary Solution Provider
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Hey Sean,

if I understand you correct, the products current set up should work fine. We use this in a similar manor for a client where basically we put in every product as $1 but we’ll change the price based on the customer. We use the price change box on each deal to determine what makes sense then note the reason for the price under the change. Let me know if that makes sense.

• Sean Cornell
    Sean Cornell Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2021 #3
    Options

Hey Sean,

if I understand you correct, the products current set up should work fine. We use this in a similar manor for a client where basically we put in every product as $1 but we’ll change the price based on the customer. We use the price change box on each deal to determine what makes sense then note the reason for the price under the change. Let me know if that makes sense.

Hey Jeremy -

Wow - I didn't even realize you could go back and edit the price of a product once it's in a deal, I was looking at it strictly inside of the "products" area and not in the context of a deal.  This is extremely helpful and solves our issue.  Thanks so much Jeremy - really appreciate it!

Sean

• Jeremy Gulley_11062
    Jeremy Gulley_11062 Member Posts: 80
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary Solution Provider
    edited February 2021 #4
    Options

Hey Sean,

Glad to hear it and happy to help!