Does anyone know/can you - put certain permissions on a stage so only certain users can move deals i

Haley Peloquin
Haley Peloquin Member Posts: 9
5 Up Votes First Comment
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi @Haley Peloquin 

Unfortunately this is not possible. Could you explain your use case to me perhaps I can come with a suggestion?

• Haley Peloquin
    Haley Peloquin Member Posts: 9
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2021 #3

Hi @Haley Peloquin 

Unfortunately this is not possible. Could you explain your use case to me perhaps I can come with a suggestion?

Hey Mike,

Thanks for getting back to me. In this case, we want to lock the "paid" stage in our pipeline to only allow deals moved in by the finance folks. 

Advice is accepted - thanks!

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2021 #4

Hi @Haley Peloquin 

@Haley Peloquin One option is to use automations. You could for example trigger the automation when deals are moved to that stage and they miss certain information they go back to the previous stage and send the owner an email for example.

Or you could send out an email notification to the finance team once a deal hits that stage...

Unfortunately there's no option to "block" the move, but there's many ways to workaround it to still make sure nothing ends up there that shouldn't end up there.

• RG
    RG Member Posts: 26
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited June 2022 #5

This could really be revisited.  We have the same issue with people moving deals that should not be moving deals.  What are the other "work arounds"

• Kreete K
    Kreete K Pipedrive Team Posts: 355 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited June 2022 #6

This could really be revisited.  We have the same issue with people moving deals that should not be moving deals.  What are the other "work arounds"

Hi Rob!
    We will take this as feedback. However, for now the only workaround would still be to have an automation created under these users - when they trigger a deal stage change - deal would be moved back to earlier stage.