Customized Client or Lead History field- for filtering

Dan Cohen
Dan Cohen Member Posts: 9
First Comment
edited July 2022 in Apps and Integrations #1

What is the best way in your opinion to keep track of a person's activity: signups for webinars, events, courses and so forth? The idea is to be able to perform a filter of people: who did what, who attended which event r paid for what course, and use that info for future marketing? 

I was thinking about trying to create a customized field (lets say: "event history" which will be a multiple option field). I though about trying to update that field when a person signs up to an event or course from my mailing list system(using integromat for example). 

Comments

• Suzanne Van de Ven
    Suzanne Van de Ven Member Posts: 29
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2022 #2

That's a good idea. We have a similar, Lead Gen Source which is a multiple option field that is updated based on how they enter the list. If they're existing then another option gets appended. I'm using that field to create different onboarding experiences at the moment, or that's the intent. 

• Dan Cohen
    First Comment
    edited February 2021 #3

That's a good idea. We have a similar, Lead Gen Source which is a multiple option field that is updated based on how they enter the list. If they're existing then another option gets appended. I'm using that field to create different onboarding experiences at the moment, or that's the intent. 

Thanks Suzanne!
    what do you mean by 'if they are existing then another option gets appended"?

• Suzanne Van de Ven
    Suzanne Van de Ven Member Posts: 29
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2021 #4

If they are already a pipedrive contact, we append a different lead gen source to them, so then we can look at it holistically to show they came in as a conference contact as well as from our chatbot feature on our website. Does that make sense? 

• Dan Cohen
    First Comment
    edited February 2021 #5

yes it does!
    I was actually thinking the same thing... sometimes the same lead takes multiple paths before (and even after) conversion

• David Picard
    David Picard Member Posts: 29
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2021 #6

If I can add some thought on this post here is what the I could say:

For sure you need to establish your criteria of your customer’s journey and link each stage to pertinent name or score. By reading your post, I assume you already did this. 

To avoid heavy input, maybe is to define when you need to move out from the lead inbox so you will avoid, from my point of view, entering and managing data from maybe not enough qualified lead. 

After I was thinking about tags, but tags have their limits since you can’t directly count it, but visually there is a good impact on the eyes and easy with filters.

Using personalized data with many options with check box with a list sound great. I think it will be more powerful with numbers on a scale 1 to 5 or 3 depending on your industry if your team is more tech savvy. If it’s more a team with less knowledge they, it will be easier for them with pertinent name.

When this is done, I probably create filters to light-up theses scoring scale and match them on your customer’s journey. So your team could advance with the right actions because of this view and scoring lead.

In resume 

• Use more Lead
    • Convert right prospect
    • Score on deal and create a list for your team
    • Create filters and match to your customer's journey
    • Take action with the right stuff and the right person on this step.