Simple Way to track your prospect's website behavior using Google Analytics
Growth Story Posts: 4
edited July 2022 in Workflow Automation #1
Simple 3 steps to track your prospects website behavior using Google analytics completely for FREE
- Activate User Ids in standard GA :- Once you activate this , it will create a dashboard " User Explorer " under Audience Tab. This basically gives you full view into how users are interacting on your website with timestamp and GA assigns unique IDs to each users ( called client IDs )
- At Page where User either registers / subscribes your service , Pass on the Your CRM ID back to User ID using Data Layer. This would need hardly 5 lines of code from your developer to enable this . This is like passing an purchase amount when someone does buy on e-com site
- Once step 2 is complete , you can enjoy " user explorer " with your actual CRM User Ids and clearly understand their behavior
Well , you may ask why is this important . I see for following reasons.
- Its free :- you can use your standard GA as well to pass on the CRM IDs back to GA
- Your chances of converting cold prospect into warm or customer exponentially increases if you know what they were looking for in their yesterday's visit . Then next step for your team is to either send them relevant email or give them a call
Hope this helps the community .
Let me know if you find thins helpful in comments.
Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,052edited February 2021 #2
Thanks for sharing @Growth Story !0